Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

TheWendybird

Re: Modern music that reminds you of Rainbow Brite?

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:Well... dunno just how "modern" is considered modern, but here's the best songs I've come across.

Brian Wilson - Rainbow Eyes
Europe - Rainbow Warrior
Luca Turilli - War of the Universe
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark
Dio - Hide in the Rainbow
Rolling Stones - She's Like a Rainbow
Glenn Miller - I Know Why
Manowar - Master of the Wind
Ayreon - Across the Rainbow Bridge
Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
Dune - Rainbow to the Stars

I also think of Murky everytime I hear "Paint it Black." (It's been covered by a dozen bands... pick your fav)

And... I haven't found it yet, but there simply must be something by Pink Floyd that works.
I wanted to list so many of these cause of your playlist but couldn't remember a bunch of their titles off hand. I love when you play them. So I second these choices I think people should download them.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Oh, well if we're listing songs about rainbows, I can do that too. :) Some of them don't really remind me of Rainbow Brite, exactly... for example, End of the Rainbow by September is a rather sad song. When I think of Rainbow Brite, I think of happy music!

My Rainbow playlist:

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
Somewhere Over The Rainbow remix - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - New Found Glory
Rainbow Star - Regina Lund
Rainbow To The Stars - Dune
Rainbow - Mariah Carey
Rainbow Connection - Kermit the Frog
Rainbow Connection - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Rainbow Connection - Sarah McLachlan
Little Piece of Rainbow - My Little Pony
When the Rainbow Comes - Shawn Colvin
Follow My Rainbow - Sheena Easton
Rainbow In The Sky - Starsplash
Light A Rainbow - Tukan
Color Everywhere - Deana Carter
Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas soundtrack
Colors of Love - Sailor Moon soundtrack
Color My World - Sierra
Neverending Story theme song - Limahl (and Katy Cartee!)
Rainbow - Ayumi Hamasaki (this is in Japanese and English)
(warning: the following songs are Christian)
Testify to Love - Avalon (Wynnona does a version of this also, which appears on the Touched By An Angel soundtrack)
God is Watching Over You - Phil Joel
Rainbows in the Night - David Meece

My Sunlight playlist:

Sunlight - Natalie Imbruglia
Sunrise - Angel City
Follow the Sun - Dance Dance Revolution
See The Sun - Dido
Sunlight - DJ Sammy
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Weave Me The Sunshine - Peter Paul & Mary
Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow
Kiss When The Sun Don't Shine - Vengaboys
Sunscreen Song - Baz Luhrmann
The Sun Goes Down - CJ Stone
When The Sun Comes Out - DanceCore Allstars
Sunrise - Milk, Inc.
The Sun Always Shines On TV - Milk, Inc.
A Day In The Sun - Rimini Project
Last edited by IndigoJoy on Fri May 01, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

OMG I totally forgot i think about Rainbow Brite with the Neverending Story theme all the time. I mean i LOVED and still love that movie my whole "growing up" so it mainly reminds me of the movie BUT I've found for quite a while now I think of Rainbow Brite during the song.

"Reach the stars
Fly a fantasy
Dream a dream
And what you see will be
Rhymes that keep their secrets
Will unfold behind the clouds
There upon the rainbow
Is the answer to a neverending story"

Some of you may think i'm nuts for this...I know Starvoyager wont...but I believe she's real and I kinda look to her for guidance...call me weird I don't care....and so this song kinda feels spiritual for me when it comes to her.. Lines like "Show no fear
Or she may fade away" kinda make me feel like yelling "I BELIEVE IN YOU RAINBOW!" It's just how the song has been hitting me. Totally forgot to mention this till I saw it in your playlist there.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

you're not nuts, I believe that she is real too - I believe all of it is real!! : ) I talk to all of them, and they guide me, and I believe that she was sent to me (and others, like you), to help me to help others : )

to add to the weirdness, I had a dream months ago, where I was in this white thick fog with rainbow sparkles in it, and I heard a voice telling me that I needed to help the color kids, and I woke up and I'm like, umm, ok, but then it came to me, I need to help the 'rainbow children' that will be coming into this world. It's a very new agey concept, and actually, I realized that I am a rainbow 'scout' after reading up on it, so I think that Rainbow Brite and everyone at rainbow land will help me to help them : )

tc2821

Post by tc2821 »

I would have to say that the song that most screams Rainbowbrite to me is a song I believe origanily written by Cindy lopper I believe That Phill Collans did a version of it it is caledl True colors

tc2821

Post by tc2821 »

Wow. You said it Sarah, I Too believe that she really does exist. I remember The Tv series in the 80 's as I was a child then. I had a difficvult life becouse if a disability, I am leagely Blind. When I was a child I had a dream that one day I was stanging on top of a buildimng at my school. My school set in ST. Augustine off of the bay. It was close to sunset. while standing ontop of this building I remembered wishing that I could fly. I had actualy said this to myself. Suddenly I heard a voice from behind me it was a girl she said, " You can do anything you waunt to as long as you try.I turned around to Find rainbow Birte standing behind me. I asked her how I have no wings I have to jet pac k I have no power with wich to gain enough speed to evean get off of the ground. Andian she said, " You can do anything you waunt to as long as you try." Iknew it was the real Rainbow Brite as This line is one of her lines in one of the episodes of the t.v series.

To my suprise she pushed me over the edge but she stayed there to make sure that I would be alright. The next thing I knew I shot up into the air. I was flying I needed no wings or anything. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that if her olan had not worked she would have cought me with a rainbow. realizing this The song time after Time came to mind.. I landed safely then looked at her I asked if this where a dream and I would wake up not being avble to fly. She told me. you will wake up but you will allways beable to fly. You have a deep passion for music that allows your heart to fly. She then told me. I have come for you becouse I need you. I was then taken to Rainbow Land. there she gave me a colorbelt and she told me that I was to return to Earth and find six other individualls to form a team called The color team. Our job was to protect rainbow land and ensure the stibality of happyness on Earth. To this day it is a never ending chore but we still work to carry out our mission. And I still see her on a daily basis

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I posted this in another thread found here: I think she's real Image I had an interesting dream last fall. Me and Starvoyager were at his parents...and to cut a long story short...this guy i hate came and took me away when Starvoyager was talking to his parents in their room or something. He drove me away and I was upset and screaming at him to take me back to the house. We stopped next to this lake....this is all at NIGHT...keep this in mind.

I get out of the car and I'm standing there and in the corner of my eye I see something...as I turn toward it...it looks like faerie dust or star sprinkles or something falling from clouds in the distance..i'm thinking star sprinkles due to the nature of this dream and how I could see it from such a distance compared to what faerie dust would be. Anyhow..so It's like this brief shower of sprinkles or something....and i look back over to my left and there is this BRILLIANT glowing sparkling and squiggly rainbow in the NIGHT sky.....squiggly meaning...up and down like a few small hills or something. It fades away and I panic...then suddenly the clouds or the sky or something (pretty sure it was clouds but it was all black cause it was night) opens up and these golden rays of light come out and create a new normal looking rainbow...a full arch one....i look above me and there is this clustered ball of lightning (stormy? lol) and all of a sudden I get this surge of strength and I yell at this guy who shall remain nameless to take me back to Starvoyager...i get really savage about it at this point and he takes me back. I run in the house and there he is looking SOOOOOOO sad and I go to him and get all affectionate...i look outside and for some reason there are ASTEROIDS floating low to the ground..a bunch of perhaps 6 feet long potato looking rocks lol I have NO idea what those were about...(Moonglo? lol I dunno) anyhow I knew in the dream the rainbow stuff was Rainbow....I'll never forget it.

There have been a couple kinda weird awake incidents too. The thing I've always found interesting is...I was in "The Tempest" here with a local theatre back in 2002...now the director had changed the time period it was set in and what not...he also changed who certain spirits were....me and the other couple were turned into mute circus performers...but originally it says we were spirits..so because we were mute our lines were no longer in the show...i just went with the director on this stuff and never really read about what I "actually" was playing.....and so a while back now..I was looking up about the character I had played in the show ...who's name was Iris....and I discover she's the "goddess of the rainbow". Then i start figuring....maybe Rainbow Brite is Iris in one of her forms...if Iris is real....perhaps they are interchangable? I found this kinda interesting. Anyhow Iris can be read about on wikipedia.com I just found that kinda interesting for the concept of perhaps Rainbow is real etc

We both (Starvoyager and I) have a bit more on the thread i gave you where I originally posted that message but...it's all quite interesting. I also had a dream where I was with Rainbow and she was in a dress like the one she wears but it was like a fushia (spelling?) color..and Starvoyager made some comment about how that's not what she's suppose to wear and i like..elbowed him or something and was like "she can wear whatever she wants" LOL That was a weird one...but...I dunno if anyone here is being sarcastic or if you all really do believe LOL Hard to tell online...but The main dream I posted felt very meaningful and considering there is a Rainbow Goddess in history I kinda can't help but believe.

P.S. I've heard of the Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow children before online.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I really do think she exists. I'm not being sarcastic ; ) it IS hard sometimes to figure out what people mean just by what they type. I think she's real, as well as everyone else at rainbow land. I just think we can't really see her here - well, we can, but I think that she and the others 'show' themselves thru other ways. : )

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Sarah wrote:I really do think she exists. I'm not being sarcastic ; ) it IS hard sometimes to figure out what people mean just by what they type. I think she's real, as well as everyone else at rainbow land. I just think we can't really see her here - well, we can, but I think that she and the others 'show' themselves thru other ways. : )
Good good just checking. I really feel like she's spoken to me through my dreams like with the night time rainbow one I described.
*~*~Krista~*~*

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Sarah wrote:you're not nuts, I believe that she is real too - I believe all of it is real!! : ) I talk to all of them, and they guide me, and I believe that she was sent to me (and others, like you), to help me to help others : )

to add to the weirdness, I had a dream months ago, where I was in this white thick fog with rainbow sparkles in it, and I heard a voice telling me that I needed to help the color kids, and I woke up and I'm like, umm, ok, but then it came to me, I need to help the 'rainbow children' that will be coming into this world. It's a very new agey concept, and actually, I realized that I am a rainbow 'scout' after reading up on it, so I think that Rainbow Brite and everyone at rainbow land will help me to help them : )
Hi, I think it's really cool that you guys think rainbow brite is real! I've never really thought about it myself, but in the past I've talked about pokemon and other cartoon characters being real. People always told me I was wrong and I even started thinking that myself, but it's good to know that there's people out there who think cartoon characters can be real. I don't know exactly where they are or how they come into reality, but my only theory right now is that god watches us draw them and create them, then brings them to life somewhere (probably on another world, planet, or dimension).

And I just LOVE the dreams that you guys said you had, they must've been so emotionally moving! :)

Also, can I please have a link to some info about the "rainbow scouts"? I've read about indigos and I think I am one, also read about crystal children too but the site I was looking at said nothing of rainbow children. edit: nvm, found it! :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9