Rainbow Brite in your life

FanChan

Re: Rainbow Brite in your life

Post by FanChan »

I second the congrats! Teaching's a lot of fun, isn't it? ^_^ I just got home from my art class. I drew our class mascot as Rainbow! Hehe. And her male counterpart got stuck with Sprite duty xD I'll have to redraw it and post it in the art section. It's quite amusing.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:I second the congrats! Teaching's a lot of fun, isn't it? ^_^ I just got home from my art class. I drew our class mascot as Rainbow! Hehe. And her male counterpart got stuck with Sprite duty xD I'll have to redraw it and post it in the art section. It's quite amusing.
Thanks. Yeah, I love being in the classroom and working with the students... I had a rough sorta day today with the class I had, but that was expected. Funny thing was that the student who was supposed to be the worst, wasn't my worst student today.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

I realised not too long ago exactly how much influence the Rainbow Brite caroon had on me creatively. When I look at my art and stories I notice hints of it. Even in high school when I wasn't even thinking about it, I would be drawing a character and think to myself "Hmmmm...what does she need? Oh yeah, a star on her cheek." or something along those lines.

Adria

Post by Adria »

I have only just realised, my son's middle name is Brian. Though it didn't come from Rainbow Brite, i might start telling people it is ;-) :P

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I have to admit I am pretty new to Rainbow...I received a Valentine's card from my mom when I was a very little girl with Rainbow on it. She had always stuck out in my head but the specials never aired where I live to my knowledge. I've only recently started seeing the shows...though summer of 2007 I saw Star Stealer and thought it was great. Rainbow has been in my life a short time but influenced it in ways now that I can't even get into detail about...but all for the good :)

*~*~Krista~*~*
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

TheWendybird wrote:I have to admit I am pretty new to Rainbow...I received a Valentine's card from my mom when I was a very little girl with Rainbow on it. She had always stuck out in my head but the specials never aired where I live to my knowledge. I've only recently started seeing the shows...though summer of 2007 I saw Star Stealer and thought it was great. Rainbow has been in my life a short time but influenced it in ways now that I can't even get into detail about...but all for the good :)

*~*~Krista~*~*
Welcome to the boards TheWendyBird! It doesn't matter how long you have been a fan, I'm sure you appreciate her as much as the rest of us!
Have a Rainbow Day!
Rainbow Brite UK

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I made Adam memorize all of the Color Kid's names...haha. He forgets the Sprites' names sometimes though ;)
I'm pretty hardcore and I don't even know all the Sprites' names.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Starvoyager wrote:
Rainbow Brite wrote:I made Adam memorize all of the Color Kid's names...haha. He forgets the Sprites' names sometimes though ;)
That's what I said xD It doesn't help when the franchises go and change the names sometimes, too. (What was wrong with OJ, anyhow? Did they think he might murder Lala with that name? He is wearing gloves..)
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
Starvoyager wrote:
That's what I said xD It doesn't help when the franchises go and change the names sometimes, too. (What was wrong with OJ, anyhow? Did they think he might murder Lala with that name? He is wearing gloves..)
Haha good point XD Poor little OJ sprite...
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

ahahahaha not to make light of the whole OJ Simpson fiasco or anything but the imagery is kinda funny lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P