Stormy and Murky

FanChan

Stormy and Murky

Post by FanChan »

You know, I can't help but wonder a few things about these two. :rbstormy: :rbmurky:

One, does Stormy dislike the fact that she shares a personal symbol - the lightning bolt - with Murky?

Two, I wonder if perhaps they were ever a team at one point (purely speculation, I know nothing definitive could be said from the franchise, but it's fun to think about).

And three, would they ever team up in the future? Maybe Murky figures out a way to get into Stormy's mind, psycologically manipulate her into helping him. Something for you fanfic-ers to possibly play around with. If it hasn't been done already. I wouldn't really know @_@
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Stormy and Murky

Post by Rainbow Brite »

It's good speculation! I sometimes wonder about her too. If you look at pages 13 and 14 of the Rainbow Brite Colouring Book, it appears that Murky and Lurky have the ability to make it rain as well. Perhaps Murky used to keep a little cloud over her head to control her just as he does to Lurky...but she escaped? I'd love to see a fan fic about that :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Oooh interesting speculation... that controlling idea seems up my alley really. I love have fun with darker stuff. I might have to think on that one and see if I could do it after I finish up Shadow of a Rainbow at some point. I can say that in SoaR's chapter I'm writing now, Stormy and Murky face off...with not so good results.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Ooooh, nice. I'm gonna have to draw Murky controlling Stormy with a little gloom cloud now... But wait! Stormy's immune to his gloom clouds, isn't she? In Horse of a Different Color, didn't it take a huge concentration of the stuff to put her out of the running, and only for a few moments?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Ooooh, nice. I'm gonna have to draw Murky controlling Stormy with a little gloom cloud now... But wait! Stormy's immune to his gloom clouds, isn't she? In Horse of a Different Color, didn't it take a huge concentration of the stuff to put her out of the running, and only for a few moments?
Yeah, she's immune to his gloom clouds, as shown in that episode. I don't think she was every really out of the running; she just couldn't see through all the clouds to find anyone. I was thinking though that I might be able to use that immunity to my advantage if I ever did write that fic
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

*nodnod* I think any manipulation Murky does with her would have to be psychological. She's got the workings of a grudge against Rainbow and the kids as it is. It would just take a bit of an argument between her and Rainbow, then just the right words from Murky... I'm not so sure Murky's that clever, though. Maybe he is.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:*nodnod* I think any manipulation Murky does with her would have to be psychological. She's got the workings of a grudge against Rainbow and the kids as it is. It would just take a bit of an argument between her and Rainbow, then just the right words from Murky... I'm not so sure Murky's that clever, though. Maybe he is.
That's the joy of fanfiction. He can be clever and not so silly. I was thinking that it'd be a past thing, that he'd originally captured her or something to serve under him. If the timeline is somewhat correct, there's 700 years between Wisp's coming and where the television series begins... quite a bit can happen and everyone could have forgotten it... and Stormy holds a grudge because Rainbow never forgot and could use it against her if she wanted... hmm...now I'm rambling... and thinking too far ahead of myself... even thought of a working title too...

Look what you two have done to my brain!

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Yay! I helped inspire creativeness! I wanna read it when you're done xD

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Yay! I helped inspire creativeness! I wanna read it when you're done xD
It's a good thing though. I had wondered what I could do in the Rainbow Brite genre down the road. And now I know. You have to wait until I finish my current fic though, and I have no idea how long that'll be. Even if I write out a plot synopsis, I can never estimate how many chapters it'll be...I had thought this story would only be 8 chapters, but I'm currently writing the 8th chapter, and it's certainly not the end.

As for a title of sorts...something like The Lost Storm: Stormy's Untold Past or something. I dunno. First thing that came to mind earlier. I like the first part of it at least.

One must wonder though why she is immune to his gloom clouds. One could speculate that it is because she controls weather that can be depressive and angry to begin with, as well as a season that also can create depression. Or...one could go another route and say that she's got some sort of untold history involving Murky

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

LOL...you guys are great :) Although, maybe she wasn't always immune to them. Perhaps she figured out a way to become immune and that's how she escaped. So many possibilities :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net