Light-up Twink

mlp4me

Light-up Twink

Post by mlp4me »

I really do try to search before I post so please forgive if someone's asked this already or if it's general knowledge. I really don't know much about g3 items.
I have 2 different light-up sprites. One MIB, and one OOP.
MIB has a full smile and stripes on his arms brownish paint for dark details and more gloss to his paint. The OOP has a sideways smile and no stripes on arms, has black paint for dark details and no special markings. I checked http://www.80stoysale.com/newrainbow.html as there are many pics to compare him to.
None look like this one:
Image Any ideas? Imitation? Did he come with a playset and I'm missing it?
Don't be fooled by the giraffe...

Clinozoisite

Light-up Twink

Post by Clinozoisite »

I don't own many of the newer RB toys, but my guess (judging by the poor paint-job) is that you've managed to find another reproduction. People in your area must really love Rainbow Brite! I've never managed to find anything remotely RB-related at local thrift stores or yard sales...not in the last 20 years, at any rate.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Light-up Twink

Post by Rainbow Brite »

All of my light up sprites have full smiles. Weird!! Does it have a stamp on it?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Light-up Twink

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Another reason for the differences could be that it was made in a different factory by a different toy manufacturer. It may also be a running change to the design made partway through the production run for whatever reason. Also, that set came in two box variations and one design of Twink may have been specific to one design of the box. I have them both and will have a look at them. I'll let you know what I found.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Light-up Twink

I've looked at my two and they are both the same, just like the boxed one in your photo with the normal smile.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

mlp4me

Light-up Twink

Post by mlp4me »

There's no markings that I can see on him, anywhere. Is there a way to confirm if he's a version of a running change?
I'd like to think that he's not a reproduction as he looks similar to the sprites pictured on the boxes of the light up musical castle (which was never produced-same eyes/paint).
Ok, everyone that has light-up Sprites, can we compare??
Anyone have one that looks like him?
Can anyone confirm any licensing info on one that has a full smile?
Don't be fooled by the giraffe...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Light-up Twink

Post by Rainbow Brite »

All of mine are still MIB. Anybody have a loose one?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Light-up Twink

Same for me in Gen 3.

stormberryfairy

Light-up Twink

Post by stormberryfairy »

Mine looks just like your boxed one.