Four Sky Powers

Rainbow Brite UK

Four Sky Powers

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Greetings all,

When the launch of the new toys came about a year ago introducing ONLY Rainbow, Moonglow, and Tickled Pink many of you wondered..."What about STORMY!"

I looked around the new RainbowBrite.Com and I noticed a clue....
"Rainbow Brite is one of Rainbow Land’s four Sky Powers"

FOUR powers, but only 3 girls?

What is a "Sky Power"?
Characters whose magical powers determine the cycles of Rainbow Land’s days and seasons

Sun, Moon, Rainbow...but who else?
Then I watched the animated short again....and I noticed the title screen gave another clue. In the corner of the title screen you will find these.

A Sun, a Rainbow, a Moon, A CLOUD

I take this as a sign....a "Stormy" seems to be coming. ;)

Tilas

Re: Four Sky Powers

Post by Tilas »

Who wants to bet they make Stormy the bad girl? Anyone? I mean we heard the voice, the "villain" is obviously female, so it's either gonna be the evil princess or Stormy. And I just have this sinking feeling their going to make it her. Just because there's gotta be SOME way they bugger up the new series...
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

It's a good sign that Stormy may be coming soon. When we got the heads up about the new line coming for the holidays at the beginning of the year, they left a few things out until Rainbow Brite Live just debuted the other day. Remember it only said 3 girls and 3 horses will be out? The said "Nite Sprite" was gonna be just "Nite", which clearly on the website it says "Nite Sprite" and they mentioned no puppybrite.

So, I'm left wondering what more surprises are coming our way by the time the dolls and toys will be out? Stormy, (I hope), may come out soon, and who knows? Maybe the colorkids and Murky & Lurky will come soon too, or once the dolls and toys do well, they may add them on.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Stormy better not be a villain. I'd prefer she be the Raphael to Four Sky Powers' Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo. XD (see: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Princess from Star Stealer as main villain FTW, plzkthx. With Murky and Lurky for mischievious comic relief. XD

That being said Stormy was awesome and I am happy to see that we will more than likely be getting her. Skydancer was the best horse, IMHO.
Last edited by Tennyo on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All I gotta say is that they'd better not botch Stormy up if they do end up introducing her. She's gotta have the personality to match the stormy weather, and that includes her stubbornness. That current villain seems too old to be Stormy, unless Stormy's the only one to hit puberty
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Tilas wrote:Just because there's gotta be SOME way they bugger up the new series...
That's a pessimistic view point. Why not wait and see what happens?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

IndigoJoy wrote:That's a pessimistic view point. Why not wait and see what happens?

My capacity for optimism has rather plummetted with this website release. I'll have to resort to simple realism with it if I can't resort to being pessimistic. But at least with a pessimistic viewpoint, the worst that could happen is I'd be right. At best, I'd be proven wrong, and we'd all be happy.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I'm beginning to think there's nothing that could please anyone on this board short of redrawing the original RB in the exact same style, which just isn't going to happen.

I for one like the new Rainbow Brite and look forward to seeing the new shows, merchandise, etc. I plan to buy all the merch too. Except maybe any clothing items that don't come in my size.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

IndigoJoy wrote:I'm beginning to think there's nothing that could please anyone on this board short of redrawing the original RB in the exact same style, which just isn't going to happen.

Uh, now that sounds awfully pessimistic, and a big blanket statement. You're not the only one happy with the new release. Quite a few have voiced the fact that they're overjoyed with it. More power to you, and to them, for liking it. I don't understand it, but hey, I'm coming at this with a different perspective, different reasons for my nostalgia, etc. I'm allowed to be dissatisfied with what seems like a half-assed attempt at what was so-far released. Will they raise the bar and release things of a much higher quality in the future? I sure hope so. But I can't help being realistic.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:I'm beginning to think there's nothing that could please anyone on this board short of redrawing the original RB in the exact same style, which just isn't going to happen.

Uh, now that sounds awfully pessimistic, and a big blanket statement. You're not the only one happy with the new release. Quite a few have voiced the fact that they're overjoyed with it. More power to you, and to them, for liking it. I don't understand it, but hey, I'm coming at this with a different perspective, different reasons for my nostalgia, etc. I'm allowed to be dissatisfied with what seems like a half-assed attempt at what was so-far released. Will they raise the bar and release things of a much higher quality in the future? I sure hope so. But I can't help being realistic.
I have to agree with Fanchan, and I'm not usually one to swing towards pessimism. For what was launched, it could have been better. Everyone knows that the original style will never be redrawn, but that care must be taken with the relaunch. And with these first views of a new line it's not looking very good. Within the relaunch perspective, some of us expected they'd do much better than what they did.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire