Do you remember your dreams?

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

Hi all,

I thought it would be fun to talk about our dreams. I didn't see a post about it so I made one here.

I dream and I usually remember. Some of them are scary but most of them are just weird and don't make sense. I dream about snakes a LOT! And more often than not I have the dream that I'm falling and jerk awake when you almost hit the ground. Does anyone have that dream too?

If you'd like to share your dreams here, have at it :) I think this will be an interesting thread.
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Recently, I tend to dream about mazes; usually buildings with a never-ending series of rooms, hallways and stairs. But I've always just assume that this is my subconscious being upset over the fact that my life has no set direction at the present time.

When I wake, I tend to remember the super-weird dreams more than the normal, pleasant ones. Although, the other day I did dream that I found an entire box of animation cels from the film The Last Unicorn at a yard sale for $50. That was a super-sweet dream. Now if only it could translate to reality... :lol:

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

Clinozoisite wrote:Recently, I tend to dream about mazes; usually buildings with a never-ending series of rooms, hallways and stairs. But I've always just assume that this is my subconscious being upset over the fact that my life has no set direction at the present time.

When I wake, I tend to remember the super-weird dreams more than the normal, pleasant ones. Although, the other day I did dream that I found an entire box of animation cels from the film The Last Unicorn at a yard sale for $50. That was a super-sweet dream. Now if only it could translate to reality... :lol:
lol yeah there's some dreams I have that I'd like to be reality too

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The last weeks my dreams were extremely strange ... often with superhero-setting ... I had to hide somewhere in a big city and huge monsters and superheros rampaged through the big buildings ! Pure nonsense ... I think I watched too much TV !
:lol:

JoeyAngel
Admin

Post by JoeyAngel »

I can't remember the exact data for this but the brain only actually dreams for a few minutes a night. I found it fascinating at the time but was so long ago when i last heard about it

I also heard that you only tend to remember your dreams if you wake up in the night at some point and then go back to sleep. If you sleep all the way through uniteruptted i think its really rare to remember them.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I do remember them. Usually if they are strange enough or intriguing, I write them in my LJ so I can find them later. I usually forget about the ones I remember by the time a few days have passed. I still remember one I had in 7th grade though that was odd, although it did correctly predict I'd fail my algebra test XD

Lately I remember bits and pieces when I wake up. There was one that involved a train and cosplay and I could only remember one particular scene of it and that was strange as it is... I think that one occurred because I was gearing up for Otakon at the time and was eager to actually cosplay again.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

JoeyAngel wrote:I can't remember the exact data for this but the brain only actually dreams for a few minutes a night. I found it fascinating at the time but was so long ago when i last heard about it

I also heard that you only tend to remember your dreams if you wake up in the night at some point and then go back to sleep. If you sleep all the way through uniteruptted i think its really rare to remember them.

I have sleep apnea big time. I woke up during the test over 100 times, and stopped breathing in my sleep about 300 times. Sounds like gibberish, but it's true. i sleep with a breathing machine now though. it helps a LOT!!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Yes, I remember my dreams. I love it when I go shopping in my dreams and find all kinds of new Rainbow Brite merchandise. ;)
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I tend not to remember anything about my dreams. Most of the time I wake up several times each night and may remember something if I woke up in the middle of one while it was playing out. Otherwise I'm not even aware that I was dreaming.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

IndigoJoy wrote:Yes, I remember my dreams. I love it when I go shopping in my dreams and find all kinds of new Rainbow Brite merchandise. ;)

I've had shopping dreams too. Back when I was collecting the Hugga Bunch dolls I had a dream that I found them all at a store. I woke up with nothing. lol I was sad