New Dolls spotted at Target

Chibi Rachy

Re: New Dolls spotted at Target

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarius wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:An ebay update: The first doll I'd mentioned on here previously has been sold. Now there's another auction by a different seller that's a huge ripoff, same as the other one. It's for a 10 inch Rainbow, selling for $32.50 and shipping for 6.75. I'm interested to see if some poor sap will buy it.
Now someone is starting the auctions on ebay for the 10" dolls for $49.99 and BIN for $100.00-$125.00 and the 15" doll for $74.99 and $125.00 BIN. I guess they're hoping someone from another country will buy them :/

Image Image Image
They just want anyone to buy it. I don't think many will. They are listed as 2009 dolls and you can find on the internet where they are being sold. If someone were to actually list dolls on their close to their selling price with decent shipping, the inflation would probably stop or slow at least.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Wardah wrote:I too spotted the new dolls in Target but I don't have the money to buy them currently. I was wondering how they compare size wise to the much more poseable Juku dolls but those were out of stock at the Target I went to. If they are the same size I might be able to swap the bodies if I get them in the future. If anyone still has Juku dolls in stock at their Target please let me know how they compare.
Well, the small RB dolls are 10 inch and amazon.com says the Juku dolls are 9 inch.
Too bad. I guess there's always Obitsus which come in a variety of sizes.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Aquarius wrote:Now someone is starting the auctions on ebay for the 10" dolls for $49.99 and BIN for $100.00-$125.00 and the 15" doll for $74.99 and $125.00 BIN. I guess they're hoping someone from another country will buy them :/
They just want anyone to buy it. I don't think many will. They are listed as 2009 dolls and you can find on the internet where they are being sold. If someone were to actually list dolls on their close to their selling price with decent shipping, the inflation would probably stop or slow at least.
That's just pathetic :( If I can find boxes to ship the rest of mine in, I'll put 'em up for the NORMAL price they sell for so people know they don't have to pay those outrageous prices.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

*Sighs* I am not happy with the new style or new generation RB. I mean she's pretty and that but it doesn't appeal to me. Thanks for the news. I may look at them in person just out of curiosity.
Made By: Tennyo

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Katy and Aquarius, I got both your packages today :) Thanks a bunch!

Edit:

Man those packages were hard to open! I've never had such trouble getting a toy open... Anyway, here's a pic of the trio along with my Rin Tohsaka (left) and Saber Alter figures:

"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Wow! That was super quick! Awesome :)

And OMG you're so right about them being impossible to open!! I had to get my hubby to do it for me...lol

Oh and I added some pics of Tickled Pink and one of the three small dolls together to my gallery:

http://thehailes.smugmug.com/2009/New-Rainbow-Brite-Dolls/10764419_ovnnm#755431195_FUDb4
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Wow! That was super quick! Awesome :)

And OMG you're so right about them being impossible to open!! I had to get my hubby to do it for me...lol

Oh and I added some pics of Tickled Pink and one of the three small dolls together to my gallery:

http://thehailes.smugmug.com/2009/New-Rainbow-Brite-Dolls/10764419_ovnnm#755431195_FUDb4
It was super quick. I wasn't expecting yours til Monday.

Yeah I mean, most toys leave room on the twisty ties to untwist them, but these dolls didn't... I had to take scissors to get them open... if that plastic wasn't there to protect the dolls from being scratched by the scissors, it would have taken even longer to open them.

I think that beyond the wrist bands being only half-done, the other thing I don't like is how low Tickled Pink's hair is. If I knew I was capable of fixing it and making it higher on her head without breaking the ponytail holders, I'd change her.