Strange things about the cartoon.

Tennyo

Re: Strange things about the cartoon.

Post by Tennyo »

Yeah, the only reason why I haven't bought the show on DVD yet is because I've heard that all of the ones available aren't official. But why would there not be any available with Star Stealer was put out on DVD? :?

I'll check out this Popcorn Studio one, though. How is the picture quality? I've heard all others were just VHS rips and had poor quality. :( I mean if the only thing that's available is a non-official VHS rip then I might as well just torrent them.

That said I can't say I remember in what order I watched the show. I was born in 1984 so by the time I was old enough to not only enjoy but remember them it had been a couple years. My mom just randomly rented the tapes for me since she worked at a video store and got free rentals. Then slowly my parents bought the tapes for me. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:Yeah, the only reason why I haven't bought the show on DVD yet is because I've heard that all of the ones available aren't official. But why would there not be any available with Star Stealer was put out on DVD? :?

I'll check out this Popcorn Studio one, though. How is the picture quality? I've heard all others were just VHS rips and had poor quality. :( I mean if the only thing that's available is a non-official VHS rip then I might as well just torrent them.

That said I can't say I remember in what order I watched the show. I was born in 1984 so by the time I was old enough to not only enjoy but remember them it had been a couple years. My mom just randomly rented the tapes for me since she worked at a video store and got free rentals. Then slowly my parents bought the tapes for me. :)
I don't know about the one by Popcorn Studios. I'll be able to comment after I get it for Christmas. The torrented one isn't too terrible in quality. It works for what it is.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Sounds like the Popcorn Studios version may be worth checking out.

I already have the official Star Stealer DVD. I bought it the day it came out. Image

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Yeah I bought the Star Stealer DVD as well. I almost didn't because of the atrocious cover art they got for it. I mean why not just reuse some of the older art? Such as that one black poster with Rainbow and Krys on it. That would have looked so much better. :/

But then I figured that bad cover art aside it was still the same movie and that's all that counts. :)

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Tennyo wrote:Yeah I bought the Star Stealer DVD as well. I almost didn't because of the atrocious cover art they got for it. I mean why not just reuse some of the older art? Such as that one black poster with Rainbow and Krys on it. That would have looked so much better. :/

But then I figured that bad cover art aside it was still the same movie and that's all that counts. :)
I did wonder about that. The original cover art would have been a good choice. however, the cover art isn't that big of a deal. It's the movie. So yeah. Pretty much what you said. :D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

So I said I'd comment about the Popcorn Studios version and I am. I did skip through various episodes today, just to see how it works. Overall, it looks pretty good. The sound quality isn't the best, but the video quality is loads better than what I had. Very clear and crisp. I checked it out on a 32 inch tv at my folks'. It seems to be a good set overall. I wonder if anyone can comment on the sound quality of the European sets that were officially released?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Thanks for letting us know, Rachy. Sounds good.