toys (80s,90s etc) which convey a great deal to you

Tom-sprite

toys (80s,90s etc) which convey a great deal to you

Post by Tom-sprite »

OK ... I make the starting-shot for this thread ! :-)

I show you two toys which mean alot to me because I totally loved them as a kid ! :-)

The first one is a small "Keypers" !
I think it is a turtle with 6 legs ! :-))))))))
... in the bag s a key-brush

The second one is a pink puffling "Popple" (Popples)

I would love to see some toys you are fond of ! :-)
Attachments
Puffling Popple.jpg
Puffling Popple.jpg (104.92 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
my Keypers toy.jpg
my Keypers toy.jpg (87.89 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
Keypers key-brush.jpg
Keypers key-brush.jpg (24.69 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Rachy

Re: [80s]-toys which convey a great deal to you

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Does it have to be 80's toys? I don't know of any 80's toys I had as a kid that I was fond of, but I was an 86 baby so most of my toys were 90's that I remember and know I loved.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Re: [80s]-toys which convey a great deal to you

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Chibi :
No ... it does not have to be 80s ! ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Re: toys (80s,90s etc) which convey a great deal to you

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Chibi :
No ... it does not have to be 80s ! ;-)
Awesome. Then I know which toy I'd pick. I loved MMPR as a kid, especially Kimberly. She was my favorite. I loved my auto-morphin Ranger figure I had of her. I'd keep it with me often. It got lost over the years; we never did find it, though I found my yellow Trini Ranger. I did buy a re-release of her though because I was fond of it :)

This is a random image I found on the 'net. You could flip the Ranger heads from the teenage heads to the helmet heads by pressing down on the belt.

There's also something else, and while not a toy, I did always play with it. I got a tape player one year for Christmas. It was the kind that you could carry around and listen to music with. It really was the ugliest colors- tan color, with dark brown on the cassette case and buttons. The handle was bright orange. I loved that thing because I could play my Dolly Parton tapes on it. Mom says I even named the thing Dolly. I don't remember that, but I do remember there were times I'd take it to bed with me. I don't know what happened to it; I still have all my tapes though :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Thanks for sharing your personal private feelings with us Chibi ! :-)

I also loved the first season of Power Rangers...I remember that I
built a Mega-sword-robot(don t know if this is the correct notation) out of LEGO ...
I had a blue Ranger ... he was my favourite Ranger ! :-D
The best things I remember of the Powerrangers is a very good Super Nintendo Fighting-game I had and the movie was also extremely awesome ... I loved the transformation-scenes ! ;-)
Sadly the favourite toys often get lost or are selled on flea-markets but thanks to ebay one can buy those
precious objects again and often even in unopened box ! ^^

A tan-colour-tape-player which plays Dolly Parton songs is really fancy ! :-))))) ;-)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Thanks for sharing your personal private feelings with us Chibi ! :-)

I also loved the first season of Power Rangers...I remember that I
built a Mega-sword-robot(don t know if this is the correct notation) out of LEGO ...
I had a blue Ranger ... he was my favourite Ranger ! :-D
The best things I remember of the Powerrangers is a very good Super Nintendo Fighting-game I had and the movie was also extremely awesome ... I loved the transformation-scenes ! ;-)
Sadly the favourite toys often get lost or are selled on flea-markets but thanks to ebay one can buy those
precious objects again and often even in unopened box ! ^^

A tan-colour-tape-player which plays Dolly Parton songs is really fancy ! :-))))) ;-)
They are remastering the MMPR series and releasing it in January on tv again. I do have all the SNES games though I've not played them recently. They are such fun though.

I loved my tape player. I loved my tapes too which is why I always make sure I have a cassette player built into the portable CD player I have so I can play them again

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Chibi :

Yeah the snes games were fun ! :-)

I only liked the first season ... the other season s weren t as good I think .. what do you think about that ?

Tapes are cool ... I also love them ... you can get this sweet retro-feeling while listening to a good one !

I still love to listen to rainbow-brite-tapes and Lady LovelyLocks-tapes ! :-D

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SHOW US SOME BELOVED TOYS ??? :-D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Chibi :

Yeah the snes games were fun ! :-)

I only liked the first season ... the other season s weren t as good I think .. what do you think about that ?

Tapes are cool ... I also love them ... you can get this sweet retro-feeling while listening to a good one !

I still love to listen to rainbow-brite-tapes and Lady LovelyLocks-tapes ! :-D

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SHOW US SOME BELOVED TOYS ??? :-D
Well the MMPR season was divided into 3 seasons until they went to Zeo if I remember correctly. Unless you mean the original season with all of the original Rangers before Jason, Zack, Trini, and Kim left? I loved the first 3 seasons, and even Zeo was all right. After Kim left I still enjoyed the Pink Ranger they replaced her with.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@Chibi:
When the actors were replaced my fascination for the series got smaller ...

I loved the Dinozords ! :-D
Zordon was cool too and the first rangers Jason, Zachy, Billy, Trini, Kimberly and later Tommy were my heros ! :-D
Rita as the villain was really nice ! ;-)

The worst part of the saga that I sometime watched partly was Ninja storm ... compared to the first story with the first great cast this new story was extremely boring and silly ... it s only a personal opinion ! ;-)

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

All of the childhood toys that meant a lot to me, I no longer have. They were sold in yard sales and such.

I had 3 different versions of Rainbow Brite as well as some of her friends. Those were important to me as a kid. I do feel I should have kept them.

I remember Lady Lovely Locks story books. I managed to find one, so that's one lost and now found. :) When I was a very small child my grandmother had a Lady Lovely Locks book that she would read to us kids when it was bedtime.

@ Tom - I remember Popples too. I had one, but I can't remember what her name was.