Rainbowbrite.com is live

IndigoJoy

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by IndigoJoy »

No Stormy's not the villain - the Dark Princess is. Katy caught her name in the video. I think I was so excited that I missed half the dialogue, lol.

They are probably holding Stormy back so they have something to surprise us with when the merch is launched. After all, who wants to spoil all the surprises up front?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:No Stormy's not the villain - the Dark Princess is. Katy caught her name in the video. I think I was so excited that I missed half the dialogue, lol.

They are probably holding Stormy back so they have something to surprise us with when the merch is launched. After all, who wants to spoil all the surprises up front?
The question is though, is it the same princess we knew from the cartoon? Or is it a spawn of the Evil One?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

It's cute and very colorful. However, it doesn't have the same feel to me as the original.
Made By: Tennyo

Starlight_84

Post by Starlight_84 »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
IndigoJoy wrote:No Stormy's not the villain - the Dark Princess is. Katy caught her name in the video. I think I was so excited that I missed half the dialogue, lol.

The question is though, is it the same princess we knew from the cartoon? Or is it a spawn of the Evil One?
Yes, I was wondering that also.
Made By: Tennyo

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

Starlight_84 wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:

Yes, I was wondering that also.

Or it's a convient plot device used in order to tell a non existant story.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

IndigoJoy wrote:Katy caught her name in the video. I think I was so excited that I missed half the dialogue, lol.
I guess I missed that part, too. At least they didn't make Stormy the villain! *whew* I imagine that somewhat horrendous flash PV they threw together is only a place-holder until they can get something more permanent worked out. But considering that they are behind schedule (if you go by the doll release), it may be quite some time before the kinks are worked out of this new RB line.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Okay....what was that 0_o

First off yes the animation was cheap that aside.....PB? Like Peanut Butter? 0_0 Puppy Brite I also thought was a male another thing they changed I bet. These poeple telling us Rainbow came from earth originally is a new concet. It makes no sense in the original what so ever. I swear they have no idea of anything of past ideas. What staff from the original works from 20 years ago still are working on this? I take their spelling and genders with a grain of salt.

Back to the cheapisodes

Those voices UUUGHH man alive. Rainbow's was at most the best voice, the rest my lord....

Starlite 0_o seriously what was that? Some high school guy?

The plot has more holes than the original one. What is going on?

Magical girl ? Please... that is not even a henshin. If they want that take it to Toei that is their specialty.

I hope the voices change and the plot becomes a plot! Until then....

"Come on PB let's paint our nails!" >.>

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Tennyo wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:One thing I forgot to mention in my last post that I think is a truly great idea. Rainbow is an artist in this version. That fits her so perfectly. It goes with the nature of her powers as well. This is a definite win in my opinion.

I have to wonder why they didn't just do that in the original. I don't remember any mention of her hobbies.
I do like the idea of Rainbow as an artist as well. And the whole world is her canvas. XD
That's a bit of logic that wasn't far from my mind. I guess it goes without saying she was always an artist, so perhaps doing it outside of colouring the world just comes naturally.

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

It has to be this princess, guys. They refer to her as the "Dark Princess" on the DVD summary of the movie. And I had the most spaztic shock of my life when she popped up. :D The reason I think it's the same one from the movie is because the animation references a lot of stuff from the old series, subtle details that only the original fans will notice and appreciate. They're obviously doing it for our benefit. I'm kind of sad she wasn't visible in the animation, but then I would've screamed if they changed her mullet. :P

Yeah, the voice acting and animation are terrible. I only hope this is just a promotional thing and if they make an animated show they'll try a little harder. I didn't mind the character design, I thought it was really cute. Despite the new story, something tells me they are actually trying to link it up with the old series and movie since they're bringing in all these details. The villain even had purple light around the castle.

I'm sad that there aren't any boys though. Where are Red, Buddy, Brian, and Krys? What the heck is happening with cartoons aimed at young girls? Are kids even more afraid of "cooties" than they were in my childhood? Honestly...I don't like this kind of sanitation in today's cartoons where there aren't any dudes around whatsoever. Did anyone see Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses? Barbie had a boyfriend but her sisters danced with magically-animated statues. Here are some ideas to all the scriptwriters and the overprotective parents of today's little girls:

The world doesn't have one gender; some little boys might watch Rainbow Brite and might like having a boy character to identify with; boys and girls can be friends from a very young age; adult men and women (like Barbie and co.) often have romantic feelings for each other; little girls still like fairy tales with princes in them. Sigh...bring back Krys at the very least.
If you're going to steal a star, make sure there are no planets involved.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Cypher :

You re so right ... why aren t there male charas ?

Buddy Blue for example was a chara I was able to identify with when I was young.

I think it is basically a good thing that rainbow brite gets a comeback.
I ll wait and just watch that whole thing ....
and I hope they also implement things that are important for me ...