Rainbow Brite on Perez Hilton

Patreek

Rainbow Brite on Perez Hilton

Post by Patreek »

Love him or hate him, a LOT of people visit his site and today he posted about the recent Rainbow Brite relaunch. Just thought it was interesting. Hopefully all of those eyes will lead to people seeking out some of the merch.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: Rainbow Brite on Perez Hilton

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Here's the link in case any of you were having trouble finding it:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-16-nothi ... as-arrived
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

You noticed how he called Starlite "Skylite" lol.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rather amusing article...read through the comments as well. The overall reaction to this new line seems to be generally negative in some fashion, whether it's to the designs or some of the prototypes. That really doesn't bode well. Many of the comments on the article were from parents with daughters. These parents had showed them the original version, and would not be showing them the new version. Those are the target adults for the line since they have the kids who would want the toys.

I wonder though... the original art and style would not have survived this generation, but would only a slight facelift have done better? Same style and age for characters, yet a newer art design look and plot?

I dunno. Based on this, Rainbow Brite may not have a very happy 25th birthday celebration...
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Oh look! Someone else promoting fear and insecurity to condemn something they don't like. It's not like we haven't seen anything like that before. This article is fail.

Perhaps it's about time for the supporters of the new line to start speaking up.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Oh look! Someone else promoting fear and insecurity to condemn something they don't like. It's not like we haven't seen anything like that before. This article is fail.

Perhaps it's about time for the supporters of the new line to start speaking up.
It would be a good idea for that to occur, since you've got regular folk who aren't part of forums, but simply trying to raise a family and get by. They see something like Perez's article and are appalled by the changes. Their opinion isn't based on research of course, but it is based what they see. First impressions are lasting, and it would take a lot to persuade them that the relaunch is good after they've already passed judgment on it.

Question is, can the supporters garner internet presence and reach a wide audience base, as well as persuade the reader to accept and promote the new line? Perez has a large following, so it's only noteable that he would garner quite a few comments based on his article. From what I've seen, there's not very many 100% supporters. There's a lot of iffy's (meaning there's a few things they don't like or things that could cause them to dislike the line), and then there's the 100% no way group, which is small as well.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
J3llyb3ans wrote:Oh look! Someone else promoting fear and insecurity to condemn something they don't like. It's not like we haven't seen anything like that before. This article is fail.

It would be a good idea for that to occur, since you've got regular folk who aren't part of forums, but simply trying to raise a family and get by. They see something like Perez's article and are appalled by the changes. Their opinion isn't based on research of course, but it is based what they see. First impressions are lasting, and it would take a lot to persuade them that the relaunch is good after they've already passed judgment on it.

Question is, can the supporters garner internet presence and reach a wide audience base, as well as persuade the reader to accept and promote the new line? Perez has a large following, so it's only noteable that he would garner quite a few comments based on his article. From what I've seen, there's not very many 100% supporters. There's a lot of iffy's (meaning there's a few things they don't like or things that could cause them to dislike the line), and then there's the 100% no way group, which is small as well.

I don't know, the 100% no way group seems to be the majority everywhere this subject comes up. It may just be that they're the most vocal, which is why I'm encouraging supporters to speak up. I know they're out there, but it seems likely they're afraid to speak up. After looking at the reactions to this article, I can understand why they would. It's really sad to see this new Rainbow not even getting a chance.

I'd never heard of this guy before reading his bogus article about the new Rainbow. However, I don't think I should take him too seriously considering his page is mostly celebrity gossip. Coming from a source with no substance whatsoever, I don't think people should take it seriously. It's basically a trash news page written by a guy who likes to pry into other people's business.

I would definitely like to persuade others to help support the new Rainbow Brite, but good persuasion takes time. That dosen't mean I'm not going to try, it just means this may take a while.

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

well we could start by posting positive things in responce to his article. like i said his blog guys millions of views everyday. What IS cool is that so many people remember Rainbow and loved her. They just don't seem to like this redo.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Hmmmmm !? ... how can I say it ...

I think except for his missing knowledge about the correct names of the chars he somehow says the truth.

I prove him quite right.

When I first saw what they ve done to rainbow-brite I was very sad.

The plastic-stylish looks of the new toys appeal to me extremely cold and loveless.

Sorry for writing it this way but I want t o be just honest.

After this shock I thought there ll not come something that can scare me even more.

But I was wrong.

Then I visited the new official-rainbowbrite-webpage and I got almost a little annoyed when I watched

a little cartoon-animation.

Sorry but I have to say that : WOOOOW ... this looked so extremely cheesy ! :-(

Maybe Hallmark still has the potential to make the new rainbowbrite successfull because manny modern kids don t know the elaborate original and are totally accustomed to such a (let s call it in all fairness ) "low-cost styling". (too much computer...too little soul)

But I personally am totally scared about new rainbow.

The magical cuteness and delightful vividness of 80s rainbow is unfortunately gone.

Important:

I ll not go on with writing about new rainbow because I don t want to spoil the party for fans of new rainbow.
I only want to say my point of view once.