IndigoJoy

Re: Rainbowbrite.com is live

Post by IndigoJoy »

I love it! I think it's so cute!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

SunSpire wrote:The video is completely animated in flash which explains its awkward animation style, leaving that aside it still looks pretty awful to me tho. A new TV series would probably be in the same style as Strawberry Shortcake, if not from the same animation studio even.

"SunSpire"
Yeah it's obvious that the entire thing was animated in Flash, but that doesn't really excuse it. I've seen some pretty fantastic Flash animations before that were detailed and smooth, and could probably be good enough for a show even.

Also I've never seen any of the new Strawberry Shortcake cartoons. :/

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

I really like the new site, and I'm glad that Rainbow land still looks the same, and that Puppy Brite exists. I hope they eventually include the color kids and Murky & Lurky too.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

[thread-hijacking start]

I've not seen the latest SSC instalment, but season 3 looked like this and I thought it was cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMu4zvx8Hg[/video]

[/thread-hijacking end]

So if Rainbow Brite was going to be animated by the same studio (as Playmates Toys also designs the SSC dolls) then it would presumably look something like this.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Weeeeeeee!! I'm in rainbow heaven!!

I always thought of Puppy Brite as a boy too. The way he/she was animated back in the day just lean itself to that gender IMO. But either way is fine with me! PB is a cute nickname. And yay for Nite Sprite having both names!

*goes to obsess some more*

BTW, thanks for letting us know, Kat!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

SunSpire wrote:[thread-hijacking start]

I've not seen the latest SSC instalment, but season 3 looked like this and I thought it was cute:

Video

[/thread-hijacking end]

So if Rainbow Brite was going to be animated by the same studio (as Playmates Toys also designs the SSC dolls) then it would presumably look something like this.

"SunSpire"
Aww now that was just cute. I went and watched all three parts to see the whole thing. XD

Now that might be a good way for the RB revamp to go, being cute like that. And the animation isn't bad at all. :)

Maki

Post by Maki »

I just checked a new site.

I think Moonglo's got her own horse and sprite now since she did 't have them back in the 80s. And the new theme song with better lyrics sounded like an updated version from the first 3 episodes/specials before the Star Stealer movie.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Not sure what to think on it. It's nice to see the new stuff, but that video made me cringe. I don't know what it was, but I really don't like Rainbow's character much at all. Moonglo and Tickled Pink I like better, perhaps Tickled Pink best. And Starlite doesn't sound so magnificent, which bothers me. Overall, it was okay, but they'd better not animate it that way if they go that route. The perks I'll give it though were keeping Rainbow Land the same, and keeping Nite Sprite's full name instead of shortening it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Maki wrote:I think Moonglo's got her own horse and sprite now since she did 't have them back in the 80s.

Nite Sprite existed before. And Tickled Pink's sprite has been in the art since back then, too, I believe.

It's...interesting that they're calling Rainbow, Moonglo, and Tickled Pink equals, as three of four 'Sky Powers' or some such. I wonder if the fourth is supposed to be Stormy. Or if it's the antagonist in the video. Or if it's both. The fact that there was an antagonist at all in the video shines a tad bit of hope on whatever cartoon they might do, that there will actually be plot with villains and not just the watered down girly stuff that most cartoons seem to be these days. I guess there's a shred of hope left. I wish they'd hire better voice actors, though. Not more famous, just better.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:
Maki wrote:I think Moonglo's got her own horse and sprite now since she did 't have them back in the 80s.

Nite Sprite existed before. And Tickled Pink's sprite has been in the art since back then, too, I believe.

It's...interesting that they're calling Rainbow, Moonglo, and Tickled Pink equals, as three of four 'Sky Powers' or some such. I wonder if the fourth is supposed to be Stormy. Or if it's the antagonist in the video. Or if it's both. The fact that there was an antagonist at all in the video shines a tad bit of hope on whatever cartoon they might do, that there will actually be plot with villains and not just the watered down girly stuff that most cartoons seem to be these days. I guess there's a shred of hope left. I wish they'd hire better voice actors, though. Not more famous, just better.
Yes, Deelite (or however it's spelled) was from the 80's. If the 4th is Stormy I really hope they keep the stubborn side of her but if she's a princess, that'd be funny. And the VA's remind me of what I heard at the voice acting panel at Kuro... which really is not good. The voices don't sound into their roles, and it's hard to tell the three girls apart with their voices.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire