Where were you? 9/11

WishBear2001

Re: Where were you? 9/11

Post by WishBear2001 »

I was in kindergarten and my mom kept me home Image Image Image I loved school then (compared to now anyway) and I argued with her on that and I want to forget where I was and try to just say I was sick or make some excuse. Kids still pick on me now for my MOM's decision. I still miss kindergarten which was a time people would not be picking on me for being a fan of Care Bears. I can only like the rock, grumpy, punk or fashion-obsessed 2006 and newer CB related stuff in front of them. (sorry if I got off topic but my point is if I could travel back to then I would have been smart and escaped her rude, insulting comments by running away from home and going to school anyway for an assembly or something like FanChan had)

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

WishBear2001 wrote:(sorry if I got off topic but my point is if I could travel back to then I would have been smart and escaped her rude, insulting comments by running away from home and going to school anyway for an assembly or something like FanChan had)

We had the assembly because we were in school when it happened. We went to school that day before anything happened. It was during first period that the first plane hit a tower. Even when that happened, there was talk of sending everyone home. It was a national tragedy, and there was no telling how many more buildings were going to be hit and where - in hindsight, we've learned that close to a dozen other buildings were scheduled to be hit that day. It's times like this when one should be with their family. I know I was much more at ease in the arms of my mother than in school.

I don't know why other kids would make fun of you for your mom keeping you home that day. That seems just a tad bit retarded, but then I was a teenager when this happened, and we all understood what was going on and had connections to the tragedies through family and friends. I really seem to be the only one here that was even effected by it at all, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Regina

Post by Regina »

Oh! I remember that day, I was sharing the room with another girl at the time and we both got waken up from my other flatmate telling us to turn on the TV. So we did and then we saw it, what seem to look like a terrorist attack. We were all shocked to see the towers going down so fast like that after a plane just hit them. Quite strange don't you think? 10 years...they went really fast, it seems like yesterday! It is really bad what went on there that day and I feel really bad for those people who were trapped inside the towers and their families :( a real tragedy not to be forgotten.

Tilas

Post by Tilas »

*C9* wrote:Really....Really? When will I not hear about this? Just once? Seriously it has been like almost ten years...
Go ahead and flame me too, because I totally second this. How many natural disasters have happened where tens of thousands are either dead and homeless, and you only hear a 30 second clip on the news about it, never to hear about it again? How many times you hear about bombings and death and destruction, and you get no more then a blog post about it? 9/11 is only a big deal because It happened in the USA and gave the mighty USA a slap to the ego.

And to everyone who jumped down C9's throat about her comment- Grow up. I don't see it as being "inappropriate". I see someone speaking their opinion. There was no flame, no insult to be had in their post. And to Cinoziosite, if you honestly feel someone should be banned for that little insignifigant comment, then maybe online forums aren't a place for you if you can't handle someone whose opinion differs from your own.

Now, to reply to the topic at hand, I was in school when the attacks happened, and the entire school was called into the auditorium to watch it on the news. We spent the entire day there watching it on the big projector. The next day, the classes talked about it briefly, then we went on with our day normal.
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I'm now officially asking this thread to be deleted. Obviously I didn't realize 9/11 was this freaking controversial. Pardon me for having a personal connection to the tragedy and not realizing the rest of the world didn't care.

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Exactly what Tilas has said. I did not make any remarks toward anyone that was innappropriate. This is my view based on my own opinion. It is hard to take words into a different context when spoken online. I did not attack anyone or dismiss their feelings. If you felt that way you read it the wrong way.

As well I know the majority of people are here from USA. But have you ever heard other people's views from around the world? Not everyone will have the same view.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

*C9* wrote:Exactly what Tilas has said. I did not make any remarks toward anyone that was innappropriate. This is my view based on my own opinion. It is hard to take words into a different context when spoken online. I did not attack anyone or dismiss their feelings. If you felt that way you read it the wrong way.

As well I know the majority of people are here from USA. But have you ever heard other people's views from around the world? Not everyone will have the same view.

Look at the title of this thread. This isn't a thread about "What do you think of 9/11?" This was a memorial thread, for people to share where they were when it happened. They do this for all kinds of historical milestones. Lots of people reminisced for a long time as to where they were for Pearl Harbor. This wasn't an open forum for people to tell how they're tired of the "9/11 hype" and how they think it's blown out of proportion or whatever the heck else you want to say. That's not what this was for. So take it somewhere else.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Look at the title of this thread. This isn't a thread about "What do you think of 9/11?" This was a memorial thread, for people to share where they were when it happened. They do this for all kinds of historical milestones. Lots of people reminisced for a long time as to where they were for Pearl Harbor. This wasn't an open forum for people to tell how they're tired of the "9/11 hype" and how they think it's blown out of proportion or whatever the heck else you want to say. That's not what this was for. So take it somewhere else.
Agreed. No matter what one thinks of the event at this point in time, it's about where you were when it occurred and how you felt at that point. Anyone in the US did not feel the way you are speaking of now that it's been "almost ten years".
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

This topic will now be locked from further comments.