Rainbow Brite collection on Ebay:

emeraldscales

Rainbow Brite collection on Ebay:

Post by emeraldscales »

I finally put my Rainbow Brite collection up on Ebay after years of debate and procrastionation. The dolls have just been sitting in my closet for about a year so I decided it was time they went someplace where they could be appreciated.

Included in my auctions are a MIB Dress Up RBB, MIB Sunriser, MIB Red Butler, Mint with Box RBB, Dress Up RBB, Shy Violet, Lurky, Flutter Female Sprite and a small Lucky Sprite. I also posted a custom Skydancer I made who'd look great paired with a custom Stormy.

My auctions can be found here: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/emeraldscales_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

I hope they go to actual collectors and not resellers, as I see some items up for ridiculous Buy It Now prices.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite collection on Ebay:

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I just wanted to say that you have some lovely items. I wish I could bid on them, but I don't have the money to do so. I'd love to get ahold of a dress-up Rainbow. It's nice to see that you started the bidding low. Hopefully, real collectors will get the items!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

emeraldscales

Post by emeraldscales »

Unfortunately there are already a few items being bid on by someone who I know is a reseller, but uses a different Ebay account to buy Rainbow Brite items than the account used to sell the same items under. I guess I shouldn't care who bids on them, since it means I will get some of the money back for what I paid, but is frustrating to see that the person bidding on my items is same same individual who used to outbid me on items I was trying to get to start my collection years ago, that they simply turned around and re-sold. *End rant.*

I just want the dolls to go to a home where they will be loved, rather than resold under a new name and at a higher BIN price.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

emeraldscales wrote:Unfortunately there are already a few items being bid on by someone who I know is a reseller, but uses a different Ebay account to buy Rainbow Brite items than the account used to sell the same items under. I guess I shouldn't care who bids on them, since it means I will get some of the money back for what I paid, but is frustrating to see that the person bidding on my items is same same individual who used to outbid me on items I was trying to get to start my collection years ago, that they simply turned around and re-sold. *End rant.*

I just want the dolls to go to a home where they will be loved, rather than resold under a new name and at a higher BIN price.
That stinks. Yeah, I've definitely seen some really high priced dolls on there before, including the Dress up Rainbow.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire