Skool Days

Chibi Rachy

Skool Days

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Skool Days

So awhile ago I posted about Onceuponawin.com and how it posts various nostalgic items each day. Last night I stumbled across this site. I can't remember how I did (Fanchan, can you?), but it got me to looking. This site not only does toys, but fashion, movies, lunch boxes, music, and more. Everything is divided into decades, and some entries appear in more than one decade. Some sections, such as toys, go from the 00's all the way to the 90's. I spent a good bit of time on it last night, checking out things I remembered and knew, as well as things I'd heard of before. It's rather fascinating.

Just for good measure, here's the Rainbow Brite entry for the site. It's a funny read, and I love the bit at the end about the laundry detergent!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Re: Skool Days

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Skool Days

So awhile ago I posted about Onceuponawin.com and how it posts various nostalgic items each day. Last night I stumbled across this site. I can't remember how I did (Fanchan, can you?), but it got me to looking. This site not only does toys, but fashion, movies, lunch boxes, music, and more. Everything is divided into decades, and some entries appear in more than one decade. Some sections, such as toys, go from the 00's all the way to the 90's. I spent a good bit of time on it last night, checking out things I remembered and knew, as well as things I'd heard of before. It's rather fascinating.

Just for good measure, here's the Rainbow Brite entry for the site. It's a funny read, and I love the bit at the end about the laundry detergent!
Amen to color-safe detergent I hate it when clothes fade!! BOO!!!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Regina

Post by Regina »

OMG I really have to admit that they went into details! It is crazy especially the beginning 'If, as a little girl, you wanted to save the world against mean siblings or the older kids at your elementary school, it’s possible you identified with Rainbow Brite." Wow and definitely Murky is not Sun worshiper! ehehhh

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Regina wrote:Image

OMG I really have to admit that they went into details! It is crazy especially the beginning 'If, as a little girl, you wanted to save the world against mean siblings or the older kids at your elementary school, it’s possible you identified with Rainbow Brite." Wow and definitely Murky is not Sun worshiper! ehehhh
Yeah, it's a really good description. The nice thing is, that same thing applies to pretty much everything that is on that site. It's pretty in-depth, far as descriptions go, which also makes it better than onceuponawin, which gives very basic descriptions, if any. I do love that site, but this one trumps it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Regina

Post by Regina »

Chibi Rachy wrote:The nice thing is, that same thing applies to pretty much everything that is on that site.
You bet! I have just read the Jem and the Hologram page and nearly fell off my chair! Good find Chibi!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Regina wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:The nice thing is, that same thing applies to pretty much everything that is on that site.
You bet! I have just read the Jem and the Hologram page and nearly fell off my chair! Good find Chibi!
haha it was nothing :) I love stumbling onto randomly good sites.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Someone say Jem???? *trots off to read about her childhood hero* lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

~Rainbow~

Post by ~Rainbow~ »

lol. Man, that was hilarious and strangely sweet at the same time! This was my favorite quote: "As the matron of all that’s multi-hued, she deserves the best."