Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Reasons why I think Sunriser is Tickled Pink's horse.

Post by Chibi Rachy »

*C9* wrote:If we didn't the story doesn't go anywhere ^-^" It makes it more interesting that way so that there is room for better character develepmont and such. I can sort of get what you are coming from but when you do write enough stories and there needs to be room for expansion ^-^
True, but expansion doesn't necessarily mean they have to be aged, but it is an option, just as it is to slash or pair characters up
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

*C9* wrote:If we didn't the story doesn't go anywhere ^-^" It makes it more interesting that way so that there is room for better character develepmont and such. I can sort of get what you are coming from but when you do write enough stories and there needs to be room for expansion ^-^
Hey, that's not true. They could do everything they can in the RP now, EXCEPT boink and reproduce. :P

Joseph still hasn't completely stopped whining about the 'maturity' potentially being more harmful than helpful - threatening to bring a total end to RBland's pseudo Neverland way of life.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

While I'm thinking of it, this is the story I mentioned above featuring Tickled Pink... it's well done, and definitely a tear jerker.

Pink

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

It is true that "most" of the story can be done without them aging. But alot of the story has them unaged in previous posts. As well they don't age and die they just simply become older. Not like 30's old either like 18 older. As specific situations would seem insane to have them at that apperance. Having them age gives a better mentality that they are more mature. By againg them they can deal with death and other realities. If we were to keep them at their younger versions would be strange beyond words. The realities of life and problems become more complex and having someone who appears 10 would not work. You can't really have a darker version without a bit of an age difference.

Which is exactly why you can not really expand on the story if they remain the same. It progresses the story. There is only so many picnics and adventures that can happen without becoming boring. We simply have reached the point in which we have covered all the basic plot ideas that they could have at their age. It is just simply stepping up the story. Obviously something has to happen >.>

I remember reading that fiction a while ago it is quite good. I really enjoy fics that include Pink because she is often left out :(

Star- No that is not why. As I stated above ^ We do have a second generation to add more elements to the plot lin. It makes it alot more fun (started with an idea of time travel ^-^)

At any rate I'm just stating that I wouldn't like the kids being past a specific age too that would be weird. I can understand from a view liek for some think Rainbow can never age. But I guess that depends on which you prefer

Brownie

Post by Brownie »

If anyone is interested, I've written a small story about Tickled Pink and Sunriser.

http://forums.rainbowbrite.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=401

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

oooh Pink story >.> *goes to look*

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

And thanks for replying back 0_o

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I think aging rb characters takes away from their child-like innocence. I don't think a "darker story" is what rb was meant to or is supposed to be. Characters dealing with death just isn't rb style as rb is a kids show, which you definitely wouldn't put that kind of thing in.

Sometimes a story is better when it is simpler. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I think aging rb characters takes away from their child-like innocence. I don't think a "darker story" is what rb was meant to or is supposed to be. Characters dealing with death just isn't rb style as rb is a kids show, which you definitely wouldn't put that kind of thing in.

Sometimes a story is better when it is simpler. :)
I'll agree with you on the aging/innocence bit. It takes away from the immortality, or the Neverland bit.

A darker story, however, is always an interesting twist. It's what fanfiction was meant for. It allows writers to place the characters in different situations and see how the characters would react. You get the same with any television show in fanfiction. I did 200+ page story for Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that was of teen rating, but nevertheless the characters were still in character (according to my readers). Same with Rainbow Brite. There are lines that can be crossed (such as going to an NC-17, which I have seen sadly), but a darker storyline makes for something more interesting. There are plenty of those abound that still keep the characters in character.

Why not explore the facets that writers for the show cannot or would not explore? As long as the story is well-written and does not cross lines (as mentioned above), then it's worth a shot. If a reader can read the story and think, "yeah the characters might just react that way" then it works.

On a sidenote, the Pink story link I posted above has been updated.

:rbstormy:

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Ah okay I understand.... sorry if I sounded harsh, I'm just one that "doesn't like change" much. I get nervous whenever I look at fanfiction, cause I'm worried that the storyline will upset me because of characters acting inappropriately. Not in anyway saying it's bad, just saying I don't read it much. I definitely understand what you mean by crossing lines, I'd rather have a dark storyline than an MC-17, it's just that my favorite storylines are all bright and cheery, and reading non-cheery stuff can kind of make me feel upset, especially if it was a show that was ORIGINALLY a cheery one. Hope I didn't offend you with anything I said in this post, I didn't mean to and I'm just being honest about myself and my opinion. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9