if I were to relaunch rainbow brite..here is what i would do

Chibi Rachy

Re: if I were to relaunch rainbow brite..here is what i would do

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:That does it. We need to compile a list of popular board games that we can Rainbow-ize.

XD Oh dear....

Off the top of my sleepy head:

- Monopoly
- UNO
- Deck of cards

Or we could just create our own game...there was that basic one in the Treasury book

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

FanChan wrote:That does it. We need to compile a list of popular board games that we can Rainbow-ize.

Snakes/Shutes and Ladders....Rainbows and....hmmm suggestions?

I own a disney yahtzee...it has different characters on each side of the dice...so I guess you could have a Rainbow Yahtzee? lol

Hmmm...Rainbow Chess? LOL Characters replace the usual things like King, Queen, Knight, etc? haha I dunno IIIIII think it would be neat anyhow hehe
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

*GASP* I could totally make Rainbow Chess! I sculpt, so... Oh man, I gotta start on the concept designs tomorrow. That's too good.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

FanChan wrote:*GASP* I could totally make Rainbow Chess! I sculpt, so... Oh man, I gotta start on the concept designs tomorrow. That's too good.

DO IT DO IT DO IT!! And send me a prototype when you can haha I use to play chess all the time in elementary school...forget how to play it now but I could totally grasp it again hehe I just had that thought of seeing the scultped characters and thought "OMG" haha
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I would like to see RB in different ways like a few versions. One regular and one when they have a darker bnackground. I would like them to have upgaded outfits.

I made a monopoloy game when I was 12 LOL used internet images ^-^"

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbows and Gloom Clouds for the Chutes/Ladders thing!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

TheWendybird wrote:
FanChan wrote:*GASP* I could totally make Rainbow Chess! I sculpt, so... Oh man, I gotta start on the concept designs tomorrow. That's too good.

DO IT DO IT DO IT!! And send me a prototype when you can haha I use to play chess all the time in elementary school...forget how to play it now but I could totally grasp it again hehe I just had that thought of seeing the scultped characters and thought "OMG" haha
I sometimes like to use my 8 inch new style standing up rainbow brite as my queen when I play chess... that's how obsessed I am and this would make it easier so DO IT!
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Hehehe! Okay, okay, okay xDD Mind all of you, they'd be fairly expensive to buy, as it would require a lot of time and effort to make. So, for the time being, they'll have to remain concept drawings unless I'm commissioned.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Hehehe! Okay, okay, okay xDD Mind all of you, they'd be fairly expensive to buy, as it would require a lot of time and effort to make. So, for the time being, they'll have to remain concept drawings unless I'm commissioned.
You could make a prototype set to display though. When I was looking at monopoly stuff last night, there is a company on there that will make you a custom, very nicely done set for $159. So you could do the same with chess, if you got enough interest.

I had considered doing a layout piece for a monopoly game, just to have the idea down.

:rbstormy:

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Just making one chess set would require a good bit of clay and time, though @_@ I might make one or two pieces, just to display my capabilities, but that's about it. Or maybe do a piece each month or so, getting a full set done in a year and a half. If someone commissions a piece by then, so be it.

I've got one half of a set sketched out. It's Colour Kids vs. Friends. I'm thinking of having a handful of different possible sets, though. Or a big list that people can customize from.