Wish my friend and me luck please

mtaylo28

Wish my friend and me luck please

Post by mtaylo28 »

We were in a wreck last night. My car is totaled but everyone got out ok we think. I was driving so I got a couple more injuries than my passenger. Went to the hospital but they hardly checked us out. My friend had blurry vision and a bloody nose. took 3 hours for them to admit us to be checked. She may have a concusion but they didn't check her. I got hit in the stomach by something that left a big horseshoe bruise on me. Bad burns and abrasions on my left arm (on steering wheel) from the air bag. Bruise on my chin from air bag, and bruise/cut on both our necks and shoulders from the seat belts. I told the hosp I might be preggy but they didn't even check to see. Hope I'm not cuz my chest and stomach got hit hard. I feel like I got hit by a train
Support Bacteria!
Its the only culture some people have.

Jenny

Re: Wish my friend and me luck please

Post by Jenny »

Aww hun, sounds pretty bad!

If I were you, the first thing I would do would be to take a test to see if you are preggy and if you are go straight to the docs to get them to send you for a scan!

I can't believe how unprofessionally the hospital have acted!

Hoep you're feeling better soon and let us know how you get on!!

:hug:

~Jenny~

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I hope you get well soon.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

mtaylo28

Post by mtaylo28 »

I went to work today. luckily there weren't many customers wanting heavy things so I got a bit of a break. I have pretty good use of my arm now and the bruises are better than they look and now the only thing is that I am stiff all over. I kinda feel like I got hit by a football/rugby player. My friend has come away with just a headache and a bruise around her nose. Found out the kid that hit me was only 16. he just got his license in July of this year. I hope his parents are too rough on him, but that he learns to pay attention to where he is going. Maybe I will get some money from all this. We were just about to put it on the market to sell so that we could put it toward a newer car. I'm gonna miss my honda civic...
Support Bacteria!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Glad to hear you and your friend are okay. Car accidents are the worst, I've never been involved in one but it's been close a few times. Personally I'm glad the age for driving here is 18+, yet many drive very irresponsibly even after years of experience.

Hope your body will recover fully soon! :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I seriously recommend that you go to a chiropractor, or get a deep muscle massage at the very least. Car wrecks can wreak havoc on your body and cause long-lasting injuries if you don't treat them right away. I wish you lots of luck on your recovery!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I'm glad you and your friend are mostly better. I don't like hospitals that neglect their patients. That was just not right of them.

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Allison

Post by Allison »

Car accidents are the worst, hope everything's okay. But definately take a preggy test and go get checked out if you are, it's not good if you were hit hard in the stomach.

Starlitefan

Post by Starlitefan »

:hug: I'm glad to hear that you and your friend were okay. I remember my accident and *bless my Saturn..* all the damage on my car was that the back bumper was slightly indented, but the other car was totaled (her fault). You let us know how things go, hear?
Rainbow Brite: Starlite, quick!
Starlite: I will not wear booties!!
On-X: Better than falling down.
Starlite: [neighs in annoyance] Ooh, my poor dignity!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a GIRL, despite my user name... ;-D

:rbstarlite:

mtaylo28

Post by mtaylo28 »

Well, so far everything is going well. The insurance company is talking to my grandfather, he owns my car, and they are working on a price. The insurance company is also going to cover our bills for med stuff so YAY!
Support Bacteria!