rainbow brite characters children or not?

Dialga-Brite

rainbow brite characters children or not?

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I've been seeing posts lately saying that rainbow and the color kids aren't really children. Can somebody please explain how this is the case? I thought that except for in some fan art and stuff, they are children. I mean, well, um, they LOOK like children...

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: rainbow brite characters children or not?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

The confusion comes from The Mighty Monstromurk Menace, where Shy Violet says that they haven't seen Murky's Monstromurk in over 700 years. It makes it sound as though they are all several-hundred-year-old beings. This is the only time years/age are mentioned though, so it's tough to know for sure.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

okay thank you for explaining, I remember that 700 years thing, I found it odd as well. In my opinion though, it was just kinda thrown into the story (maybe to make the monstromurk seem old, idk), forming a "plot hole". In my opinion it doesn't really make the children out to be 700 year old beings. I sorta think that's looking too much into the show, after all it is a kids show, kids shows often have little details or plot holes that either make no sense or go unexplained.

:)

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Another idea, maybe they have existed for 700 years, but are still children, kind of like the idea of never growing up and/or having eternal life.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well, from what I got from the show and from the fan-based timeline that was created, the Color Kids and Rainbow appear as though they have lived for hundreds of years.

I take it more as them being immortal beings, and the childlike form is where their growth was halted. That part I cannot think of to explain why, but it may have something to do with the environment of Rainbow Land. After all, Rainbow/Wisp was not native to the area. So if the fanbase timeline is correct in any fashion, then that could be a possibility. I don't know if anyone else would agree.

Also, if they were immortally preserved in a childlike form, it could deal with the innocence of youth and the beauty of the world that children see and adults seem to miss.

Or we could go off that it was merely marketed at children and that was a possibility that the producers never toyed with. As with any fanbase, there's always the questions and ponderings of fans demanding explanations to that which we cannot find explicit proof for.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

It is an interesting mystery. I would say it would go up there with many earth myths about lands of eternal youth. It is fair to say that they are humans with bodies of children while having minds of adults for the purposes of survial.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

yeah, that makes pretty good sense. Thanks people. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

No problem.

I did some thinking about it last night, and I think it does have something to do with that environment. The Color Kids are not native to the area, neither is Rainbow. Although, this leaves the question of what happened to the previous Rainbow Brite. If she had been disposed of, would she have been taken to another world, where immortality did not effect her? Or is she merely locked away somewhere, in some deep, dark area of the Pits?

I don't know how all this affects the sprites though. Twink is now hundreds of years old as well, which means that he may also have immortality, as do the Color Kids' sprites. But what about the others? The episodes have clearly shown child sprites with parents. Do sprites not connected to the Color Kids not get this priviledge and merely die off after a certain number of years? This is what is confusing me.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

The Color Kids are not native to the area, neither is Rainbow.

Just wondering, how do you know this about the color kids? Rainbow isn't native that's easy to tell, but I thought the color kids were there at the beginning....?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
The Color Kids are not native to the area, neither is Rainbow.

Just wondering, how do you know this about the color kids? Rainbow isn't native that's easy to tell, but I thought the color kids were there at the beginning....?
Really, it's all just speculation. I don't really know, but somehow these children had to get there. It's kinda complicated to speculate. Murky and Lurky had to get there somehow as well, since Murky is not native based on the fact his mother came for a visit and had never been there before. Unless we're taking the road that a creator of sorts suddenly made the children appear in their current form, without the previous process of growing up. That's the only other way I can think of.

If immortality is granted after living on the planet for a period of time (as seen with Rainbow/Wisp), then the only options I can see are that the Color Kids came into existence at their current ages and forms by some creator or that they were not native to the environment, and came from somewhere else.