Extras for my 6 year old and our Rainbow party pics.

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

Not sure what to do/where to post since this is my first post, but my daughter has fallen in love with Rainbow Brite just before they were discontinued. We have all the fashion girls and Shimmer (?). I didn't know if y'all had any extras I could buy from you. I've had my friends and family look in 3 different states at ToysRus, and they're all gone.

I follow y'all on FB, but haven't posted before.

So, we are looking for the Starlite horse and Pink horse. And those sprites if there are any left. We just had her rainbow party, here's a pic.

Last edited by yazbelle on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yazbelle

Extras for my 6 year old and our Rainbow pics?

Post by yazbelle »

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Oh wow, great pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool your little girl loves RBB!!! Did you see the RBB pj's at Target.com? You must check them out. I don't have any extras of what you need, but I will look for you when I go shopping. I saw some RBB stuff somewhere a couple weeks ago. If I can just remember where it was.............

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

OMG!!!!!!! What great decorations, party ideas and cake!!! WOW!!!! What an AWESOME mom you are! And superb pics :bg:

If you go to the RainbowBrite.net Facebook, page:

http://www.facebook.com/RainbowBriteNet

click on "RainbowBrite.net + Others" towards the top, then look 3 posts down, there's a fan named Terry whose Toys 'R Us is still stocking the dolls. If you contact him, he may be able to snag some dolls for you.

It takes forever for money to transfer to Mexico, but I should be getting another set of Sprites soon that I promised the Facebook fans I would put up for sale on Ebay. I'll be happy to let you know when that happens :)

Does your daughter like old school RB too? Has she seen any of the old episodes?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

WWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yazbelle, that is Just Too Wonderful!!!

Rainbow cake, rainbow candles, rainbow drinks, rainbow fruits, rainbow decorations, rainbow dress, rainbow activities, rainbow EVERYTHING!!! It must have been a lot of work to put all of that together but I bet it was also a lot of fun.

I wish I could have done something like that for Marie-Louise's birthday a few weeks ago. She had to settle for a Rainbow Brite cake made from an old Wilton mold from the 80's.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

Thanks, y'all! I found Terry and posted that I'm interested in the new horses. YAY!!!

My daughter loves the older ones, but they're a lot of money on ebay unless there's a trick I'm missing? We're also big collectors, meaning, she wants 80% of the characters or none at all. She doesn't care (she's 6) about rare stuff, just a girl in a different color dress. hahaha.

I held off on buying the cartoons because I was waiting to see what the new line did, but now I guess I'll be picking that up. I'd like a huge volume of several episodes. Any suggestions? I can't stand 30 min movies, too many disks.

My oldest daughter (she's 12) collected SSC from age 4-10. We have a ton of that stuff I'm saving for her own little girls. So, we're new to RB.

The party was a lot of work but fun to do. It wasn't like cleaning the bathroom or anything. THe only stressful part was forgetting stuff at home and not being able to do it ALL like I dreamed about. But, my daughter who's 3 wants a rainbow party too, so I'll save the new ideas for her.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Super cute party! My local Meijer store is still stocking all of the dolls and horses. If you still need any, send me a PM. :)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I think it's typically cheaper if you're able to buy the dolls in lots instead of individually. Several members are usually selling dolls here on the forums too - wouldn't hurt to see what's available :)

As far as the episodes go, they've never been released in the US on DVD. But there's a good Mexican set that includes all of the episodes:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM ... e09226-_JM

I hope that helps!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

For the original dolls especially, condition is money. So is rarity. Boxed dolls tend to go for a lot more than loose ones do. There's a good selection of boxed Gen 1 (original) dolls out there at the moment. I just got a boxed Indigo that was originally sold in Spain from someone in the USA. The strangest thing I ever got was a Starlite originally sold in Canada that was up for sale by someone in...Australia and I live in Europe. Talk about a flying horse! And I also just got another Indigo, this one originally from Canada, from someone in England! Collecting the various international versions is my specialty but I promise you that it's not for everyone. Just to give you an idea, there are four different versions of the original release small Rainbow Brite doll just from the USA (blue body, blue body with star shoes, turquoise body and red and blue body. Then you have the ones from Canada, Mexico, France, Spain and Europe. There's also a separate version from Brazil that wasn't made by Mattel. I have all of those except the first two and the Mexican doll.

Anyway, there are two sellers offering a good choice of boxed Gen 1 dolls at the moment with prices starting around $50 US.

On the other hand, loose dolls are always plentiful and not expensive unless they are in mint condition. Those produced from the introduction of the line (Rainbow Brite, both large and small, Red Butler, Canary Yellow, Patty O'Green, Indigo, Starlite, 5 large boy sprites, Murky Dismal and Lurky), are generally easy to find. The later ones, La La Orange, Buddy Blue, and Shy Violet are harder and the Dress Up dolls, the last ones made, are anywhere from difficult to impossible to find boxed today and are priced accordingly. There's also a line of Mattel toys that went with the dolls and an entire galaxy of non-Mattel stuff that wasn't related to the dolls such as banks, furniture, puzzles, books, etc., etc., etc.

If you want to get an idea of the original Mattel line and the order that the different items were introduced, go to the second page of Rainbow Brite Discussions and look for the topic I started called Mattel Catalog Numbers for Gen 1 or something similar.

Good luck with collecting and most importantly, have fun!!!
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

yazbelle

Post by yazbelle »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:.

Anyway, there are two sellers offering a good choice of boxed Gen 1 dolls at the moment with prices starting around $50 US.

Good luck with collecting and most importantly, have fun!!!

Not to sound dumb, but what do I type in the ebay search? Where is the $50 thing you're talking about. Sorry. :blush: