Hallmark giving away Rainbow Brite posters at SDCC

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I soooooo wish I was going to San Diego Comic Con this year! Hallmark will be giving away Rainbow Brite posters to fans wearing Rainbow Brite costumes at their booth on Sunday, the 25th:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abr ... y_id=67877

Are any of you going?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I soooooo wish I was going to San Diego Comic Con this year! Hallmark will be giving away Rainbow Brite posters to fans wearing Rainbow Brite costumes at their booth on Sunday, the 25th:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abr ... y_id=67877

Are any of you going?
Sadly, I will not be attending the SDCC this year. I'm a bit surprised that they're only giving posters to cosplayers. After all, Rainbow Brite cosplayers are incredibly rare. They won't hand out more than a few posters, at most. *shrugs*

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:I'm a bit surprised that they're only giving posters to cosplayers. After all, Rainbow Brite cosplayers are incredibly rare. They won't hand out more than a few posters, at most. *shrugs*
I had the same thought. I'm hoping later in the day they'll start giving them to anyone who asks for one.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Clinozoisite wrote:I'm a bit surprised that they're only giving posters to cosplayers. After all, Rainbow Brite cosplayers are incredibly rare. They won't hand out more than a few posters, at most. *shrugs*
I had the same thought. I'm hoping later in the day they'll start giving them to anyone who asks for one.

Because of budgetary constraints, only 25 Rainbow Brite posters will be printed and they're only expecting less than half that number of people to be dressed as Rainbow Brite, there shouldn't be any problem... :lol: :bg: :P
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

From the blog linked to above...

"Hallmark Cards (yes the same company that made the birthday card you just bought) is planning a big presence at Comic Con 2010 and to celebrate its 100th anniversary."

I really wonder how they managed to be around for an entire century... :lol: :bg: :( :wacko: :angry: :P
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

I'd go to Comic-Con each year from 2005-2007 when I lived there.

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:I really wonder how they managed to be around for an entire century... :lol: :bg: :( :wacko: :angry: :P
The reason they managed to be around so long is at least when it comes to greeting cards they have it pretty much down pat. When it comes down to it all they are is a greeting card company that just came up with an iconic character pretty much by chance. That's why they give the licensing rights to others. They really don't know what to do with Rainbow Brite other than that she can generate money for them.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite can't generate anything for anyone with the poor management that she's had from the start of Gen 1. At least back then Hallmark was more involved in the process but now they have an outside party (United Media) that's trying to run things for them. I don't know how long they've been around and what their track record is, but I'm not impressed based on what I've seen from the RB Gen 4 disaster.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Rainbow Brite wrote:
My cousin lives in San Diego, I haven't talked to her in many years, but I can see if she'd go and hopefully score a few posters. Wish they would come over to the other side of the US where most of us RB are though :lol:

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
Everyone has an opinion and some of them may be different than yours. BUT that doesn’t make them wrong only different.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

When exactly is ComicCom this year?

I know a big RB fan that lives nearby and she went a few years ago. Maybe she could be induced to dress as Rainbow to get one of the posters.