Any news from Playmates?

Wardah

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Wardah »

Has there been any news from Playmates about their plans for the Fall? Are they still going to do the Color Wave Kids like they have said before? And are these going to be actual kids compared to the more teenage looking dolls that have been released so far? I am still holding out hope for Rainbow Brite dolls that are sized similar to Strawberry Shortcake.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I personally haven't heard anything like you're talking about, but maybe that's just me. On the other hand, if someone on here did know about it, I'm sure they would post the info for all to see.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Wardah

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Wardah »

It was in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1049

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

There have not been any new posts on there for the last six months. Does that tell you anything?

And as I said earlier, if Hallmark, Playmates or United Media had released some Rainbow Brite news, it would be all over this forum in a matter of hours.

As far as I know, given that Target is putting their stock of RB dolls on markdown, the Gen 4 of Rainbow Brite may soon come to an end.

OK, that's just ME talking. It is NOT official so don't get carried away.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Wardah

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Wardah »

I hope that isn't the case! I mean they did say they were going to release more stuff and why would they say they were going to release more stuff and then not release them? I noticed a lot of LPS and MLP stuff was also on clearance at Target and those lines aren't going anywhere soon.

Aquarius

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Aquarius »

I emailed someone from Hallmark that's pretty up there awhile ago that was on the other thread about the color wave kids and all that. But I also emailed someone from Playmates toys and they don't know if the line is continuing or not. I didn't post this earlier because I didn't know if some of it was just hearsay or what, maybe Katy or RBUK could confirm this. We know that the classic stuff is out at Target, and PJ's are coming out. I got this reply from Hallmark:

Here is what I know:

Toy plans are still in development - but we do have other fun products
coming to market soon for both classic Rainbow Brite, and our new design
look.

Look for classic Rainbow Brite stationery and accessory products in Target
in mid July, sold just throughout the summer in their see spot save (one
dollar product) section.

Little girls PJs in the new look will be available this fall in Target and
on Target.com, as well as Von Mauer and other department stores

Thanks!

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
Everyone has an opinion and some of them may be different than yours. BUT that doesn’t make them wrong only different.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Any news from Playmates?

Post by SunSpire »

Since you brought this up I might as well fill you in on the latest info we received from our contact at Playmates Toys:
"I am sorry no new Rainbow Brite products will be produced, the line will not be going forward."
It sounds as if the dolls weren't as successfull as they had hoped and soon they will disappear from the store shelves again. However I don't think this will affect any other merchandise such as the stationery items and clothing, the bike etc. But there's a good chance the dolls will become hard to find collectibles now.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbowbrite84

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

"I am sorry no new Rainbow Brite products will be produced, the line will not be going forward."
It's disappointing, but I think a lot of us saw it coming. Its really unfortunate that this new line never got a chance. Once again Rainbow Brite will not get the recognition that she deserves.

Patreek

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Patreek »

wow... and then it was over. I thought they said these were selling well. I'm sad because i was hoping to see at least a few of the color kids.

Clinozoisite

Any news from Playmates?

Post by Clinozoisite »

They needed a new TV show to go with the line of toys. Like many others, I'm sorry to see it die, but the end result was not entirely unexpected.