RB Costume

FanChan

RB Costume

Post by FanChan »

Am I the only one more than mildly disgusted by the 'Sexy Rainbow Brite' costume?
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Re: RB Costume

Post by Chibi Rachy »

haha no I don't think so. It's not even supposed to be for Rainbow Brite, but some sites advertise it as such. That same company also makes an emerald girl costume that they try to pass off as a sexy Patty O'Green.

Only good (by looks online) one I've seen is sold by a seller who has terrible ratings...I think someday I'd rather have someone take the patterns for the one McCall's did back in the 80's and redo it to fit me.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Aah, I see.

I'm not quite brave enough to wear a RB costume, period ^^; Maybe a costume for my take on it...but only for convention cosplaying.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Aah, I see.

I'm not quite brave enough to wear a RB costume, period ^^; Maybe a costume for my take on it...but only for convention cosplaying.
haha nice. I've always wanted to cosplay, but I has no skills...I have seen pics of amazing costumes though. I remember seeing an awesome cosplay for the Great Saiyaman and Saiyaman II (DBZ)

If you want to see a pic of the costume I refer to, you should be able to find it in the eBay Discussion forum. Or, search for a seller called "brandsonsale" on either amazon.com's marketplace or ebay. I would easily pay for a costume that looks like that, but not with bad horror stories. If I'm gonna drop money, it's gotta be worth it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire