Favorite part of the Movie and Series

FanChan

Favorite part of the Movie and Series

Post by FanChan »

I was listening to Katy's remix - as I'm like to do while working on the doujinshi - and I got to pondering about the movie, trying to figure out what my favorite part was. And after a bit of chatting with the people here, I've come to be curious as to what everyone else's favorite part is, too.

So!

What's your favorite part of the movie? Of the show? Do you have favorite episodes? How about a favorite villain?

My favorite part of the movie is a very small portion, two lines of Brand New Day, where all of the kids are gathered around Rainbow's bed as she wakes up. Being a lover of music, there's something about the sound of them singing "Mornin', Rainbow Brite. Feel the sunlight!" that gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

In the show, Rainbow's climactic battle against the Princess in the last episode is one of my favorite parts. It's one of those moments that yet again demonstrates Rainbow's awesome-ness.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Re: Favorite part of the Movie and Series

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I'm kinda like you - sometimes when working on my story, I'll play the Rainbow Brite music I've downloaded to keep me moving along.

Favorite part in the movie would be the race between Stormy and Rainbow and Stormy's stubbornness to keep it winter as long as she can.

As for the series, I really enjoy the Rainbow Night ep, as it allows us to see more of Moonglo's character, but there's also the parts during Mom with Murky's mother and her affection for "that nice girl" :D
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Oh gosh, that's a tough question for me...I'll have to think about it and get back to you :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Those are both good! Seeing Murky as a baby is probably one of the funniest things ever. Like, in the whole world. xD

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Those are both good! Seeing Murky as a baby is probably one of the funniest things ever. Like, in the whole world. xD
haha and his poor mother having no idea why he dislikes color so much! And yes, baby Murky is funny. First baby with a 'stache I ever saw! XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

It's really a tough call. There's so many scenes I would like to pick.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

JoeyAngel wrote:I like watching Rainbow and Krys's verbal sparing go on and on. lol so cute.

I like the bit when they fall in the elevator thing and he realsies he's holding her hand too ^^

oh and the song Rainbow Brite and Me is the best tune!
That elevator scene is great! I remember that whole part of the movie was terrifying to me when I was four or five when I first saw it. I definitely agree about the song, too. That gets stuck in my head every so often.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I think a lot of the songs are easy to get stuck in your head... I need to make some ringtones of them, but I can't until I can rebuy the codec for my program...which will be in the next few weeks. Too bad they didn't feature more songs in the movie besides the two they did.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I still think the movie's one of the best examples of 80s Sci-Fi animation around. Those monsters and the robots were really epic. Oh! I thought of another favorite scene from the movie. The boat scene. (Of course, it concludes with the introduction of Krys, so who wouldn't like it?)

Adria

Post by Adria »

As much as i was a fan, i only really remember the monstro murk episode. I have seen bits and pieces, but with kids it's hard to sit down and watch when there are (what seems) more important things to do.

Some things that i love-
The colour rainbow brite becomes when trapped inside the bottle (monstromurk)

As Chibi Rachy said "Favorite part in the movie would be the race between Stormy and Rainbow and Stormy's stubbornness to keep it winter as long as she can."

The kiss Rainbow blows Brian and you can see it

The red string Rainbow ties around Brian's finger

The Key that Rainbow gives Brian ( more how magical it is)

The way the rainbow looks when Murky and Lurky walk through it.

The way the rainbow can crumble and also send a sprite back to Rainbow Land.

There is so much, but it is those little things that makes Rainbow Brite itself, so a maagical place, Im sure im not the only one who wanted a key to rainbow land. :rbtwink: