2 Dress up dolls ready for custom work

emeraldscales

Post by emeraldscales »

A long time ago I bought two dress up dolls and began doing some customization, but then lost interest so I am looking to sell them. Since I am not sure how much they are worth in their present state I will take any reasonable offers. I prefer to ship to the US but will go outside the US if you pay the proper shipping costs. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

Doll 1 is from a Tickled Pink Dress Up body and has been re-haired with light purple yarn to make her look like Stormy in the cartoon. The hair was knotted and fed through rather than glued so you could remove it fairly easily if desired. Her eyes have been repainted green, and her eyebrows are painted purple. I didn't put a topcoat on the repaint so if you want to wash the paint off it is possible. Her body could use a wiping with a wet cloth, and her head is removed. The back her her neck was slit slightly to remove the plug.

Doll 2 is from a Rainbow Brite Dress Up body and has been re-haired with thick black and pink yarn. The hair was knotted and fed through rather than glued so you could remove it fairly easily if desired. Her eyes and eyebrows have been repainted pink, and her lashes painted black. I didn't put a topcoat on the repaint so if you want to wash the paint off it is possible. Her body could use a wiping with a wet cloth, and her head is removed. The back her her neck was slit slightly to remove the plug.
Attachments
P1060692.JPG
P1060692.JPG (122.43 KiB) Viewed 747 times
P1060691.JPG
P1060691.JPG (91.49 KiB) Viewed 747 times
P1060690.JPG
P1060690.JPG (128.98 KiB) Viewed 747 times

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

That's neat. I always wondered how people removed the heads and reattached them. :)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

"OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!"

The Queen of Hearts in 'Alice in Wonderland'.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I'd like to buy them. Not sure how much to offer though. Do you have an idea of what you want from them?

emeraldscales

Post by emeraldscales »

stormberryfairy wrote:I'd like to buy them. Not sure how much to offer though. Do you have an idea of what you want from them?
After paypal fees and shipping fees I'd like to get around $12 for each of them.

stormberryfairy

I'll take them. Would you consider re-attaching the heads for me? And can you pm me your payment info? :cool:

emeraldscales

Post by emeraldscales »

stormberryfairy wrote:I'll take them. Would you consider re-attaching the heads for me? And can you pm me your payment info? :cool:
I don't know if this will affect your decision to buy them, but the best I can do is put the white plug back into the head of the purple haired doll. The only way to really secure the head back onto the body is to get a zip tie and slip it through the fold on the neck and then clamp it. Otherwise, I can slip a piece of strong through the hole and tie it on that way. Let me know if that sounds ok or not.

stormberryfairy

If you can just slip the white thing back into her head, I'm fine with that. Just pm me your paypal info and I'll send ya some money! Thanks!

stormberryfairy

Just sent your payment! I'm so excited to get them! Thanks!!