Tea Time!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Tea Time!!!

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

The name is Jota Star (or JotaStar or JOTASTAR) Play-Safe Toys.

They seem to have been a toy importer/distributor in the UK in the 70s and 80s. I noticed that they also had something that was made in Yugoslavia, so another connection with the eastern block. Perhaps the end of the eastern block that went with the collapse of the USSR put them out of business as prices became higher in these countries.

I can not find any current listings for Jota Star on the web.

Does anyone else have any information on them?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Galacticatt

Tea Time!!!

Post by Galacticatt »

It is a cool set- I think the SSC tea set is very rare too (not like too many people here care, lol) - I don't really collect the STUFF for RBB- only dolls & plush & sets- (there is just too much for me) but I think I would love this item anyway, it is just so cute (of course my cat would probably break everything- so maybe it's just as well I have never seen one!)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Tea Time!!!

Yes, I really like it. Both for what it is and for where it seems to have come from. It's certainly out of the ordinary.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Clinozoisite

Tea Time!!!

Post by Clinozoisite »

There is part of the tea set up right now:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FAB-1980S-RETRO-R ... 0392202744

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Tea Time!!!

I'll have to have a look at that tonight. I can't see ebay at work.

JoeyAngel
Admin

Tea Time!!!

Post by JoeyAngel »

I have that in original packaging too.. its so cute ^^ Was thinking of selling it when i moved out of my moms cos i got so much stuff and needed to de clutter badly.. The only thing that puts me off selling it apart from its cuteness is the fact its so damn delicate and i keep having a bad feeling it will break in transit ^^"

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Tea Time!!!

Mine was well packed in bubble wrap, each separate item, and arrived with no additional damage. The only thing I don't like about mine is the condition of the box, but at least the box is present. Does yours have the insert still in the box? It should have been there to keep everything from crashing into each other during transit. Mine disappeared long before I got it..

If you're serious about selling it, send me a PM...

Same with any other RB stuff from the UK and Europe (MIB preferred) that you may have. If you don't live too far from the Channel ports and there's a lot of it, maybe it would be worthwhile to come and get it. I think there's a very cheap ferry service operating out of Boulogne or somewhere close but it's not Calais. It's a major shipping company but I don't remember the name and it's not one of the traditional ferry operators like P & O. THere's also a low cost service from Oostende to I think Ramsgate. I'd have to do some searching but it wouldn't take long.

JoeyAngel
Admin

Tea Time!!!

Post by JoeyAngel »

Yeah it still has the insert and the obx is in good condition too. It was also all individually bubble wrapped when sent to me, but i still worry.. lol ^^"

I'll have to have a sort

I got loads of Care Bear stuff to sell too.. the re launch stuff with VHS that came out in the UK a few years ago..

Need a proper sort out i think..

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Tea Time!!!

Take your time. I may not be a doctor, but I have plenty of patience. :)