My RB Design

FanChan

My RB Design

Post by FanChan »

Well, this is how Rainbow's going to look for the doujinshi - fan comic - I'm making. I finally, finally, finally perfected her outfit. I had so much trouble figuring out how to asthetically stretch the (for lack of a better word) chibi form of the costume into something full-size. I'll post more of the concept art as I finish it.
I hope everyone likes her ^-^ I tried to keep her modest, while at the same time holding to her original design. I think she just might be a girl other little girls can finally look up to.

Dialga-Brite

Re: My RB Design

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I'm not a fan of adult rb, but you definitely did a good job. You also kept her innocent look and didn't make her look slutty, which I like. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Thanks ^_^ She's been such a role-model throughout my life, so making her grown-up is sort of my way of being able to continue to view her as a role-model.

Besides, I was never quite comfortable with how Brian could have a crush on a girl that was half his height, looked five years old, but was actually hundreds of years old? (The timeline of that show is the hardest thing to figure out, I swear o.o)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Thanks ^_^ She's been such a role-model throughout my life, so making her grown-up is sort of my way of being able to continue to view her as a role-model.

Besides, I was never quite comfortable with how Brian could have a crush on a girl that was half his height, looked five years old, but was actually hundreds of years old? (The timeline of that show is the hardest thing to figure out, I swear o.o)
You can find a fan timeline here

I've always thought that the childlike forms of each character was meant to show innocence and youth while portraying the characters as immortal and wise beyond years. Then again, I never took the take of Brian crushing on Rainbow, but that's me.

I do like your design though, and I think it'll be interesting to see your story play out.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Kudos to the one who figured that timeline out @_@ Now I'm itching to get going with this comic even more! I wonder if I could ever get the rights to publish... Might be all the more difficult now that someone's bought the producting rights. Ah well, that's what conventions are for.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Then again, I never took the take of Brian crushing on Rainbow, but that's me.

I never thought any rb characters had crushes on one another in the show, because they're all too young. I think she and brian were just "regular friends". :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Great design!! I really like it :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Then again, I never took the take of Brian crushing on Rainbow, but that's me.

I never thought any rb characters had crushes on one another in the show, because they're all too young. I think she and brian were just "regular friends". :)
It wasn't that I thought they were too young though. The characters of Rainbow Land were meant to be hundreds of years old. I think it was a combination of preserving the childlike innocence while keeping the wisdom, as well as the target audience the show was geared toward
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I guess the one episode that gave the indication to me that there could be feelings there was during the Monster Murk episodes, when Brian was competing against Red (even if Red never really noticed, iirc). On the one hand, it could've just been macho-ness, but on the other, it sort of seemed like he was trying to get Rainbow's attention.

Of course, seeing as it was a kids' show, there was never anything terribly blatant. But one can guess.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:I guess the one episode that gave the indication to me that there could be feelings there was during the Monster Murk episodes, when Brian was competing against Red (even if Red never really noticed, iirc). On the one hand, it could've just been macho-ness, but on the other, it sort of seemed like he was trying to get Rainbow's attention.

Of course, seeing as it was a kids' show, there was never anything terribly blatant. But one can guess.
Hmm... I always thought of it more as boys just being competitive to see who's the best of the two...given as red is a power color, I thought it more of a power struggle to win Rainbow's approval as the best