Rainbow Brite prototype collection

Aurora

Re: Rainbow Brite prototype collection

Post by Aurora »

Those are so amazing! The castle hanging is lovely and what a find on those dolls! And Rainbow Lurky? Can't wait for pictures!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

WOW- I picked up the box at the post office on my lunch break at work- and WOW-
I don't know how I can keep working!! Lala Orange is especially amazing- she had a hair piece, boots and everything! She is REALLY cool- The long dress is awesome too-the doll even had little "slippers" !

Everything is actually quite nice and clean, so they must have cleaned everthing up for me before sending- I can't wait to get pictures!

(btw- so far no word on the rainbow lurky or anything new from RBB)

but seriously, I am so thrilled- I WISH I wasn't at work !!!!! ARGH !

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Sarah,

You are hereby authorized to take the rest of the day off to enjoy your new prototypes... :bg:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

BabyDoll

Post by BabyDoll »

Absolutely fantastic finds, and of immeasurable historical value to us RBB fans. You should publish a book about RBB memorabelia.

I'd buy it.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

a Rainbow Brite book would be fun- alas, it is expensive to publish your own book- you have to have a TON made to get a decent deal, so it is quite a committment and gamble that there are enough people out there to help you pay back the debt-

it would be awesome though if a publisher contacted me to do the book- I totally would! I have been collecting RBB info for soooooo long now...

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

You could do an online information site.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

well - I am trying- it is a lot more work than I thought!

So far- just pictures and names of everything- there are just a few tiny pix I need to swap out for larger- I will fill in information as I find time I guess- I'm hoping to scan my doll and dealer catalog pix (some of the photos in the toyfair and dealer catalogs are fun because they didn't make all of it)

if anyone sees any broken links or sees something that is confusing or doesn't work- please let me know!

The website is at:
http://www.wix.com/galacticatt/rainbow

I have an ebay guide going too (for a quick reference/checklist) - http://reviews.ebay.com/Rainbow-Brite-D ... 0003812605 I tried to limit it to what people usually want to know: what dolls are in the collection, approximately how much do they generally cost, and what details to look for...

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

While collecting stuff at ebay I often used your ebay-guide.
The guide is fantastic and very useful ! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! ^^

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Yay! I'm so glad when I hear people use it :D I did read in here that you look at it for pricing - and I'm so flattered :D
- keep in mind though that the prices are just an estimate based on the auctions I've seen here and there- they definitely seem to change a lot! (For a while, price of RBB stuff was way down, now it seems to be a bit high- maybe the new dolls have inspired a new collecting craze- I kind of hope so! I think everyone should be RBB crazy, hehe)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I can also say that I've definitely used a few of your guides. They were especially helpful when I first got into RB at the beginning of last year. :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire