On-X custom

Tom-sprite

On-X custom

Post by Tom-sprite »

So I made up my mind and decided to tinker an On-X ...
I really want to have one for my collection. :-D
I really love his futuristic design.

Today I made a material-list :

I bought twelve packages of ultramarine Fimo-modelling clay classic.
Most of the body will be made out of Fimo I can harden in my oven.

I will have to decide whether I use airbrush to create a mettalic sheen or just add some white acrylic highlights ... I don t know at the moment ...

I will use red cellular rubber for the mane and yellow cellular rubber for his
saddle and his chest-emblem.
The chest-emblem will be decorated with a medium-size Svarovsky-gem.
I will colour the eyes with red acrylic paint and matt varnish.

I deliberate if I should make the four legs movable from the front backwards ...
I would need some items from a property market ! :-))))))))))

I also wonder how I can light up the mane ... I can add this later ...I hope a friend of mine helps me with LED ! ;-)

I will let you guys know when there s progress ! ^^

Stormyfan

Re: On-X custom

Post by Stormyfan »

Sounds interesting. You inspire me to try to make some customes when I get time off from college. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Good luck Tom. I'll be interested to see how this one goes.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Stormyfan :

You should really make some customs when you have enough time.
It s so much fun ! :lol:

@ Chibi :

I love your new avatar ... the pink-haired char on it is very cute ... love the hair ! :-)

---

The modelling clay will arrive next week ... I am a little antsy... can t wait to start kneading ! :)
I precautionally ordered 12 packages of clay ... because On-X needs to be big enough so that my Krys custom-dolly can ride it ! :-)))))

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Chibi :

I love your new avatar ... the pink-haired char on it is very cute ... love the hair ! :-)

---

The modelling clay will arrive next week ... I am a little antsy... can t wait to start kneading ! :)
I precautionally ordered 12 packages of clay ... because On-X needs to be big enough so that my Krys custom-dolly can ride it ! :-)))))
Thanks. It's from an anime called Simoun. You haven't seemed to mind yuri from my fics, so it's something you may want to see. It may seem like there's a lot of kissing, but really, none of the girls are actual couples, save for a rare few. All of the people in this society are born female and choose their gender once they reach age 17. I could go on and on, but you can find out more for yourself :) Suffice to say I've ordered the DVD set because it's that good. The pink haired girl is Neviril, and the blonde is Aaeru. I just finished watching it yesterday and it's really amazing, and a gripping storyline.

That is definitely going to be a big horse once you finish. At least the wait for the clay will give you a break from your customs work for now.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't wait to see this!!! :bg:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Chibi :

This anime-series sounds very interesting ... is it called Gurren laggan Simon ?

---

I hope I can make a big On-X ! :-)
It is not bad to take a break after some projects ... on the other side I hate waiting for something ... I am so goofy ! :-)))))))

@ Katy :

I really can t wait to start kneading ... this will be great fun most probably !!! :lol:

To kneat quite precise shapes is a interesting challenge ! ^^

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Chibi :

This anime-series sounds very interesting ... is it called Gurren laggan Simon ?

---

I hope I can make a big On-X ! :-)
It is not bad to take a break after some projects ... on the other side I hate waiting for something ... I am so goofy ! :-)))))))
Nope, it's just called Simoun. You can find it online to watch. I watched it on kumby.com. Here's the opening sequence for it. The song is very beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDi8K7ypac8

Nah you'll be fine with your break. You'll just post here two or three times about being eager to get your clay!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Sweet intro ! :lol:
The animation-style reminds me a little of Silent Möbius ...
some 3D-elements and smooth movements of the chars.

I should view some more of it ! :)

Nah you'll be fine with your break. You'll just post here two or three times about being eager to get your clay!
:-))))))))))) ... I guess this time I will not grumble about the waiting ...
I bought the clay from a very good ebay-shop ... they are very fast thankfully ! :lol:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Sweet intro ! :lol:
The animation-style reminds me a little of Silent Möbius ...
some 3D-elements and smooth movements of the chars.

I should view some more of it ! :)

:-))))))))))) ... I guess this time I will not grumble about the waiting ...
I bought the clay from a very good ebay-shop ... they are very fast thankfully ! :lol:
Yeah, they incorporated CGI into it, which really works for the Simouns, as the flying ships are called. It's a really good watch. Since school has been cancelled, I watched the first 2 eps late one night and regretted that I could not watch more. And well...I watched the other 24 eps the very next day! XD I love the character designs...the eyes are what always get me. They just draw you in.

Well, you'll get it soon. It'll give you time to prep for making him.