RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Chibi Rachy

Re: RB Horses Coming to Meijer Stores

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarius wrote:Awesome that the horses are out, boo to them being in 5 states atm. I want those horses lol.

And I wish we had a store like Meijers around here.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
There aren't even any on ebay yet that we can mock for the high price listings yet!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Good point on them being cheaper there!

But neither SOT or my friend who works at Meijer have spotted Shimmer...so now I wonder if they're going to release her elsewhere. Hallmark's site still states they're only being released at Target and Toys R Us:

http://hallmark.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2966

So I don't even know who to complain to about this misinformation. Bah!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Good point on them being cheaper there!

But neither SOT or my friend who works at Meijer have spotted Shimmer...so now I wonder if they're going to release her elsewhere. Hallmark's site still states they're only being released at Target and Toys R Us:

http://hallmark.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2966

So I don't even know who to complain to about this misinformation. Bah!
oo they're being released at toys r us too?
if i get a chance i'll check out my local TRU and see if they has a shimmer :P

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

silverorangetears wrote:Ooo they're being released at toys r us too?
Supposedly...but nobody has seen any of the dolls at TRU yet. Let us know if you do though!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Well, my super awesome fiancee called 3 Target stores in the toy dept. today to see about any info on those dang horses. All 3 stores looked on their lists to see whats been purchased, whats coming in, what they had, etc. They knew nothing about them. They all had the dolls, but never heard of the horses. This is whats told to him from basically all 3 stores.

It's frustrating to know that most of the official statements being made are untrue. Holidays 2009? January? Spring? WHEN?!! Where are they? Why at Meijers stores? and they say Toy R Us and Target? what a bunch of baloney.

This is so frustrating, I want this to do well. Is this how all toy lines start out? Or am I just following this way to closely?

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

No Shimmer? What kind of evil trick is this? I can only find small Rainbow here. :angry2:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

it is a bit of a bummer isn't it. Oh well, I'm still going to hope that this launch will be successfull, the rainbow brite story has such an inspiring message! It would be so nice for the newer generations.

Although now that my 'new toy' euphoria has died down, I'd much rather gather the older stuff. My rainbow has to have the correct colors, he! he!

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out, huh? Maybe the sprites will start turning up somewhere.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Well, I went to my Meijer and found Starlite and Sunriser. Being broke, my mom was a dear and bought them for me. I got the last one of each. Still no Shimmer.

What can I say, Starlite's colors are gorgeous! So vivid! Sunriser is really pretty too but Starlite's mane just stands out so beautifully from his white body. :)

There's another Meijer about 45 minutes in the opposite direction of the one I went to. If the weather stays good perhaps I'll venture out tomorrow or the next day and see if I can spot Shimmer.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Leonardo Mystic

Post by Leonardo Mystic »

This shoddy distribution, the launch for said distribution continually changing, and the cheap materials used for the product comes as no surprise to me given the fact it's Playmates. They do not have good history. Do not get me started on the way they treated the Ninja Turtles line in the last few years. :angry: It would be very ugly.
Love is love no matter what the form
Trust takes years to build and seconds to shatter

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Leonardo Mystic wrote:This shoddy distribution, the launch for said distribution continually changing, and the cheap materials used for the product comes as no surprise to me given the fact it's Playmates. They do not have good history. Do not get me started on the way they treated the Ninja Turtles line in the last few years. It would be very ugly.
Actually, I think we'd enjoy hearing your experience with their Ninja Turtle line :) It would at least give us something to compare to...even if it is discouraging.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net