WORM ALERT!

Maki

WORM ALERT!

Post by Maki »

A worm is coming on April Fool's Day here in Canada. Joke or no joke, make sure all your files you want are saved on your discs for backup. That's also for everybody else around the worn including America to be on the lookout for the worm that'll crach your computers. I daved them on DVD-RWs for more room and fewer discs.

Chibi Rachy

Re: WORM ALERT!

Post by Chibi Rachy »

link?

Either way, my files are due to be backed up on my external harddrive so it needs done.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Maki

Post by Maki »

The worm you have to avoid when it comes to your area is Conficker C.

Maki

Post by Maki »

On April 1st, I may have to shut down and be offline because of the worm and ny nother's warning. I'm definately not joking. I wasn't sure when to be back online but have to wait when it's safe. I'll miss you when the boards get busy with a lot of posts.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

*checks his computer clock to see if it's April 1st yet*

December 31, 1999... wait a minute... haven't we done this before?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Seems like it is an actual virus that people are looking at. Check out a news article here. The conficker virus surfaced in October of last year, and has been pretty devastating for Windows users. Conficker.c is said to be a tougher strain that's rumored to be released on April 1st of this year. Tomorrow. So. It might not be a bad idea to go quiet for the day, stay offline. Or not. I dunno. I'll probably carry on as usual.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Seems like it is an actual virus that people are looking at. Check out a news article here. The conficker virus surfaced in October of last year, and has been pretty devastating for Windows users. Conficker.c is said to be a tougher strain that's rumored to be released on April 1st of this year. Tomorrow. So. It might not be a bad idea to go quiet for the day, stay offline. Or not. I dunno. I'll probably carry on as usual.
Oh we got the email alert about that at school. There's a way to test it...the virus won't let you access the microsoft, symantec, or mcafee pages associated with it...that's one way to tell you've got it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

So. It might not be a bad idea to go quiet for the day, stay offline. Or not. I dunno. I'll probably carry on as usual.
I've heard that staying offline for the day won't work, as if you have it, it will simply activate the next time you connect.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I see. Well, then there's not much you can really do, save for backing everything up.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I've run my antivirus software today, and I don't seem to have it so far. *crosses fingers*
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9