Major Ursa's Build-A-Bear Collection

Major Ursa

Major Ursa's Build-A-Bear Collection

Post by Major Ursa »

Since I am the Teddy Bear of these boards, I thought I show you my Build-A-Bear Workshop collection.

1. My first 7 bears I did from 2004-2005.

2. My second set of bears from 2006. They include a cheerleader, two ballerenas, A rose fairy, a Sugar Plum fairy, Superman, Snow White, and (yours truly) Major Ursa.

3. This next set is from 2006 to early 2008. They include another ballerena, cheerleader, and fairy as well as Tinkerbell, Aurora, Anne (in the denim dress), and Tina (in the pink skater's dress).

4.This is the more newer additions to my collection. Ther is another cheerleader and fairy in this group as well as a bear dressed as a pumkin and a Kasey Kane Ursa (in the Nascar shirt). Also in are special characters as well. They include Winne the Pooh, Frosty the Snowman, and a Husky named Rebel.

And now for two crossover pics with my Rainbow Brite collection.

1. Here's our beloved Rainbow Brite with yours truly and Bearemy (the mascot of Build-A-Bear Workshop).

2. Here is Canary Yellow with the ballerena bears.

Enjoy!Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Major Ursa on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Aquarius

Re: Major Ursa's Build-A-Bear Collection

Post by Aquarius »

You have one heck of a nice teddy bear collection! I really love the snow-white and the superman bears. I was thinking of doing one for my niece for her 3rd birthday this year.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

TINK! *runs for cover* don't let her beat me up! hahahaha Seriously tho I love Tink...I have a Tinkerbell doll that Starvoyager gave me this past yule (christmas)..I love her she's so cute. You got an aweful lot of cute toys there Major!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Nice BABW collection there! I only have 4 bears from there:

Sammy- My first. He was originally dressed as a baseball player, but currently has worn an Asian pj outfit for quite a few years

Sora- Done to represent the Digimon character. She wears a tennis outfit. The racket she had has been broken and I've lost the tiny balls too...but I have the other pieces

Cody- Done to represent the Digimon character. He wears a karate uniform (yes I'm aware that Cody did kendo)

Taryn- My most recent one done last summer in Myrtle Beach. Done to represent the ideas learned from a book I read over the summer; named after the main character.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Thanks everyone. Five of bears I did were named after Nascar drivers. Two of them (one male and one female) I named after Nascar race tracks. One I named after the owner of Dale Earnhardt Industries. Three were named after the characters of the Disney cartoon movies (Snow White, Peter Pan, and Sleeping Beauty) to match thier prosective costumes.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Major Ursa wrote:Thanks everyone. Five of bears I did were named after Nascar drivers. Two of them (one male and one female) I named after Nascar race tracks. One I named after the owner of Dale Earnhardt Industries. Three were named after the characters of the Disney cartoon movies (Snow White, Peter Pan, and Sleeping Beauty) to match thier prosective costumes.
So you actually build these yourself? You do it at one of those places where they give you the materials to make things like this? I was going to make a teddy bear back in '06 (i like sewing and crafts and stuff) and never got around to it...i usually dont even use patterns for things...i get the general idea of what the shape should be for it to come out right etc...teddy bears seems a bit more difficult than costumes i've sewn but maybe that's all in my head....maybe i should still try that sometime. Maybe I'll make a WendyBear haha get it? :P
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

You actually make them in the store itself. You just chosse what animal you want, chose a sound if you want one, and take it to the stuffing station. You put a heart in it after it is stuufed. Then you fluff it with blown air and dress it up. Afterall that, you create a birth certificate for your animal. That's all there is to it.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Major Ursa wrote:You actually make them in the store itself. You just chosse what animal you want, chose a sound if you want one, and take it to the stuffing station. You put a heart in it after it is stuufed. Then you fluff it with blown air and dress it up. Afterall that, you create a birth certificate for your animal. That's all there is to it.
It's definitely very fun, especially choosing an outfit. Only problem is money constraints, as it can get expensive depending on the type and size bear or animal you choose and the type of outfits you pick. The one I was at had 2 other similar stores connected to it. one you could build a dinosaur and the other was to build a stuffed doll I think.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

There are stores from the same company that specialize in dinosaurs and dolls. When I first became a customer at Build-A-Bear, I took six of them home in thier natural bear state (if you noticed in the first pic). After I had more money, I would start dressing them up.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Major Ursa wrote:There are stores from the same company that specialize in dinosaurs and dolls. When I first became a customer at Build-A-Bear, I took six of them home in thier natural bear state (if you noticed in the first pic). After I had more money, I would start dressing them up.
I couldn't do that. The nearest Build-A-Bear to me is 3 hours away so I would always take $40 with me and use that to get what I wanted. I had more money last summer, and I had a coupon from one of the tourist books...I hadn't made a BABW bear in years so it was fun, and Taryn was meant to be a symbol more than anything.

Of course, you can always buy stuff off their website, but it's not as much fun as it is to do all of that in the actual store.

:rbstormy: