And How Was Your Week?

Chibi Rachy

And How Was Your Week?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I've seen this done on other forums, usually split into two separate threads and in other variations, but since this forum is so small, I've chosen to set it up this way.

Basically, use this thread to post the good and bad highlights of your week. Ideally, posting on Sunday after the week has completely ended is best, but you may choose another day of the weekend to update. Got something to brag about? Got something you just want to rant about? This is the place for it.

Rules:

- Only post 1 time with a good/bad update for the week that has just passed. Do not post more than once with an update for the same week!
- Reply to as many member updates as you want
- Have fun :)

~~~~

I'll start with mine.

Good:
I got my first paycheck and it was larger than I'd expected, which was a very good thing. I also got my 2 RB items, which many of you know was the RB's Treasury book and the Paint a Rainbow record.

One of my highlights of teaching this week is my reading intervention students (3rd grade) and the poetry unit we started. The groups were reorganized amongst teachers and I have the fluency group. I chose poetry and found them completely enthralled with my first lesson, which was a jump-rope couplet using the "I Made a Mistake" poem. One of my favorite student created ones was this: "I went to the store to buy some shorts/I made a mistake and bought some warts"

Bad:
The only bad things this week happened at school. From student misbehavior for two days, to being exhausted easily, to the 7 hour headache I got that started at school, it just wasn't my week overall. Needless to say, I was glad when Friday rolled around!

Your turn!

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: And How Was Your Week?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Great idea Chibi Rachy :)

Good:
My husband and I bought our first house! It won't be built until May, but we went ahead and signed the contract and applied for a mortgage...so everything should be official shortly. With the current housing market, the low mortgage rates, and Obama's tax credit - we felt it would be foolish NOT to buy right now since we can afford it. The neighborhood is SO nice and our house is gonna be awesome!! I'm so excited!! :rbline:

Bad:
I found out that I'm still on the wrong medication dosage for my thyroid disease...as my thyroid hormone levels are still in the toilet. So I've still got a ways to go to get optimized. Ah well, I didn't expect it to be an easy journey. I was just hoping I was almost "fixed."
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Just wondering, what's wrong with posting again in the same week? I don't see anything wrong with doing that. :)

Anyway

good: I've created some cool new things in my Pokemon Kindness Version.

bad: can't think of any, I'll let you know if I think of any.

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Just wondering, what's wrong with posting again in the same week? I don't see anything wrong with doing that. :)

Anyway

Nothing really. It's just to cut done on the amount of good/bad posts done in one week by a person, as it could get spammy, depending. Someone might feel they want to post a good/bad thing each day, sometimes more than once a day. It's okay to respond multiple times to different people's posts though :)

And I've seen some of your videos for your game on youtube when I was searching for more fan vids for Rainbow Brite...of which I have a bunch to post tonight.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Dialga-Brite wrote:Just wondering, what's wrong with posting again in the same week? I don't see anything wrong with doing that. :)

Anyway

Nothing really. It's just to cut done on the amount of good/bad posts done in one week by a person, as it could get spammy, depending. Someone might feel they want to post a good/bad thing each day, sometimes more than once a day. It's okay to respond multiple times to different people's posts though :)
ok I get it now, that makes sense about that it could get spammy. :)
And I've seen some of your videos for your game on youtube when I was searching for more fan vids for Rainbow Brite...of which I have a bunch to post tonight.
Awesome! My game features RB, MLP, American Girl dolls, and many other characters as pokemon. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Good:

Nothing much this week at all..pretty boring except my sweetie making me really happy :)

Bad:

Sleep schedule is WAAAAAAY off...way way way off....maybe 3 hours at a time. Hours apart.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

End of another week...okay so there's still about 6 hours left in the week for me, but still!

Good:

Shadow of a Rainbow got finished this past Sunday and I was quite amazed with myself, especially since I finished 2 chapters that evening. I also went shopping today and not only got a bargain on some dress clothes for school, but also got 6 RB coloring books as well.

Schoolwise, I'm so pleased with one of my boys, who's ADHD and is better off staying at home if he doesn't have his medicine...it's that bad. But I was pleased when not only did he get an 80% on his social studies test this week (really good for him), but also aced his math assessment with flying colors... he loves puzzle stuff. I am so proud of him.

Bad:

I don't really have anything too bad to report. It's been a pretty good week overall, and this makes me very happy indeed. However, schoolwise...

Schoolwise, I wanted to strangle quite a few kids...it bugs me when they are given second chances to do better on a test (that was open book in the first place) and still do no better or even worse than the first time around. I found out why the other teacher's kids do better than mine... she even gives them page numbers on the test to go with the open book exam, which I do not believe in doing. Bugs me, but at least I know why they do better.

Your turn!

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Me and Starvoyager are sickies! blegh! Needless to say...the week could have been better...aaaarrrgghhh!
*~*~Krista~*~*

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:Me and Starvoyager are sickies! blegh! Needless to say...the week could have been better...aaaarrrgghhh!
Aww I hope the both of you are feeling better! Being sick sucks!

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:Me and Starvoyager are sickies! blegh! Needless to say...the week could have been better...aaaarrrgghhh!
Aww I hope the both of you are feeling better! Being sick sucks!

The zinger of it all is that he's just had what seems to be a head cold..i've had some....ahem...intestinal upset....but the big problem is sleep...even when we should be sleepy...we're not...or he keeps getting woken up as he's fallen asleep but there isnt anything doing it....and nothing is upsetting him....and i've only been sleeping for like 3 hours...the only time we both seem to be able to sleep at the moment...even tho we were not off schedule and should have been sleepy at night quite a few times now....is during the day...like late afternoon and early evening...it's really weird. So we dunno if we have a virus and we're messed up by it or if we're simply sick cause of weird sleep..so we dunno how to handle it. He went to the doctor and the doctor doesn't seem concerned. Over the counter sleeping pills didnt even help him..and i'm too chicken to take one of them...i take pills for anxiety disorder anyhow so sometimes they can make me drowsy but...not enough it would seem.
*~*~Krista~*~*