What is a color you DON'T like?

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

Hey guys,
I was randomly thinking about colours and thought I would bring up an interesting question.

This is nothing against Rainbow Brite, the Color Kids or Sprites. Just in general. What color don't you like?

Me...Orange.

I don't know what it is, but I have always associated Orange with heat, and as a child even looking at an orange crayon I would feel warm. I would avoid coloring my "Lala Orange" pages in my coloring books too because just looking at the color orange made me hot! Granted, I was only 4 years old, but the feeling was there.

So, what is yours? and why?

Chibi Rachy

Re: What is a color you DON'T like?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well, yellow's always been my least favorite color to color with. I loved my darker colors but using yellow would always bug me. I dunno. It's just something about it.

Pink would be the second least favorite but only because I associate it with really girly stuff. I wear light pink button up shirts for school at times, but my liking of the color really depends on the shade. I don't much like hot pink though.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Good question!

For me, it's gotta be brown...but even still, I have some brown shirts that I love to wear. I love 'em all :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

This one's a toughy. I don't know what color I like the least.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I never really like Orange much unless it's at halloween lol For the most part I love them all tho...
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Well, yellow's always been my least favorite color to color with. I loved my darker colors but using yellow would always bug me. I dunno. It's just something about it.
I have the same issue with yellow. It has a tendancy to look white after a couple minutes (like say, if you decided to make a room yellow). And with most mediums, yellow on white paper often has a way of disappearing. So yeah, it's definitely hard to work with.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Well, yellow's always been my least favorite color to color with. I loved my darker colors but using yellow would always bug me. I dunno. It's just something about it.
I have the same issue with yellow. It has a tendancy to look white after a couple minutes (like say, if you decided to make a room yellow). And with most mediums, yellow on white paper often has a way of disappearing. So yeah, it's definitely hard to work with.
I hate trying to color a picture with a yellow crayon =\
*~*~Krista~*~*

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Yellow seems to be quite the unpopular colour. It's my mom's least favorite colour, as well (imagine the chagrin she felt when we bought the house with a yellow kitchen!). It is pretty difficult to work with, though with my recent fascination for painting sunsets, I've come to really appreciate the colour yellow. It really pops on dark colours.

What colour don't I like... That really is a hard question. I'd have to say green is my least favorite colour to work with, primarily because it's such a hard colour to get paint for. The shades of green I have for coloured pencil are really limited, as well. It's quite frustrating. I have a similar problem with blue. But I love both of the colours themselves.

Does skin colour count? They're so hard to make sometimes T-T
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

FanChan wrote:Yellow seems to be quite the unpopular colour. It's my mom's least favorite colour, as well (imagine the chagrin she felt when we bought the house with a yellow kitchen!). It is pretty difficult to work with, though with my recent fascination for painting sunsets, I've come to really appreciate the colour yellow. It really pops on dark colours.

What colour don't I like... That really is a hard question. I'd have to say green is my least favorite colour to work with, primarily because it's such a hard colour to get paint for. The shades of green I have for coloured pencil are really limited, as well. It's quite frustrating. I have a similar problem with blue. But I love both of the colours themselves.

Does skin colour count? They're so hard to make sometimes T-T

Oh geez I really hate it when i'm coloring in a picture and I go to use a peach colored pencil and it turns out too dark.
*~*~Krista~*~*

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Exactly! >.< I usually use light peach and then peach for shadow, maybe throw cream over both to get a different shade, but it's impossible when I've got to give a unique skin colour to, say, eight kids. Ugh.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.