NEED YOUR OPINION!!!

PryncessLayah

NEED YOUR OPINION!!!

Post by PryncessLayah »

Hello Everyone...
For those who remember me... Hello again, it has been a long time. I hope everyone is doing well.
I see Katy got married... Congratulations :)
For those who are new to the boards since I last visited...
My name is Leah, and I am as you all are... a HUGE Rainbow Brite Fan!!!...oh and I just have to say a HUGE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK FAN!
Ok moving on to the reason for my very long post...
I have a collection that I dreamt about for years and am very proud to say I now own. Unfortunately, my life has changed quite a bit since I last was a part of this great place... and I simply do not have to room for all of my collectables anymore.
I am writing to you all to get the opinion of those who I know how long and hard I worked to get my collection to where it is and if I were to sell it, should I sell it to a vintage toy collectors store, post it as one huge actuion on ebay, see if anyone here would be interested in the lot, or break it up and sell it piece by piece???
I spend alot of money and since I haven't been keeping up with collecting in a few years, I do not know how much it is all worth now.
Most of what I have is listed below but ... not the complete list.
I also have the catalogs from mattel with photos of what was never released.
11" Dolls:
RB MIB-9:... also have loose mint RB w/ twink
~2 US Version with star shoes. One has a very pale face but box nor doll is faded.
~2 Euro Version
~1 with free slippers and nightie... also have loose mint one.
~ US and Euro Version Dress-Up
~ Giftset RB with Plush Starlite
~ Giftset RB with Pillow Wallhanging
Red Butler MIB-2
~ US and Euro Version
Lala Orange MIB-2:... also have mint loose doll
~ US Version
Canary Yellow MIB-2
~ US and Euro Verison
Patty O'Green MIB-4
~ US Version: 2 w/ star shoes, 2 w/plain shoes. One plain shoes box is in bad shape in the front.
Buddy Blue MIB-1
~ US Version
Shy Violet MIB-2
~ US Version. One box is very faded but doll is not.
Indigo MIB-3
~ 1 US Version
~2 Euro Version. One box is quite bent up on the right top.
Tickled Pink MIB-2
~ US and Euro Versions
Moonglow MIB-1
~ Euro Version (US Version never produced)
Murky Dismal MIB-2
~ US and Euro Version
Lurky MIB-1: Box is bent
Kitty Brite MIB-1: Box in bad condition. Box is taped up. That was how I purchased it.
Puppy Brite MIB-2: One box is ripped on sides in front.
Plush Starlite MIB-2: One box has ripped plastic.
Baby Brite MIB-2
~ US and Euro Version. Euro Version has free cloth nappy.
Baby Brite Carrier MIB-2
Sprites MIB:
Twink, Romeo, OJ, Spark, Deelite, Merrily, Spritzie, Glee, Posie
18" Dolls:
RB MIB-2: One box has ripped plastic and bottom is open.
Patty O'Green MIB-2: Both boxes open on top.
Shy Violet MIB-2: Decent condition.
Slumber Set (Nightie and sprite slippers with mask) for 18" dolls MIB
CuddleStar MIP-1... maybe 2
Baby Sprites-all 4: no plastic ball cases
Starlite Hardbody MIB-1
Sunriser Hardbody MIB-1
Colour Cottage MIB-1
Sailmobile MIB-1
Color Buggy MIB-1
Sprite Cycle MIB-1
Color Pockets MIB:
Pillow-1
Crescent Moon with Cloud-1
Flower Pot-1
Hot Air Balloon-1
Star
Hammock-1... also have a mint loose hammock
RB Picture Record MIP-1
Emotions Sprites-all 4
Rainbow Brite Costume: Mask and Apron-size small
RB Stamps MIP-all 6
RB Wallpaper: 2 patterns, both open. 1 roll each
RB Border Paper:4 rolls, open.
RB Diaper Stacker MIP-1
RB Baby Comforter MIP-1
RB Baby Blanket- slightly used
RB Duvet Cover
RB Sheets: New and used sets
RB Pillow shams, bed skirt, and pillow cases
RB Photo Album boxed set-slightly used condition
RB Corkboard NIP:but plastic is ripped and one corner is a little bent.
Stormy-Custom Made
Evil Princess-Custom Made
New RB doll MIB 20th Anniversary Hot Topic Exclusive-1
New RB w/ 20 Minute DVD
New 10"Dolls:
~RB w/ Twink
~Red Butler w/ Romeo
~Canary Yellow w/ Spark
~Patty O'Green w/ Lucky
New 12" Dolls:
~Rainbow Brite
~Patty O'Green
New RB-Sprites:
Twink, Romeo, Spark, Lucky, Champ, IQ
New RB plush keychains:
Rainbow Brite, Twink, Romeo, Spark, Lucky, Champ
New RB Plush Starlite-smaller than the original version
New RB Puppy Brite
New RB-tiny Rainbow Brite and Starlite hardbody set.
New RB Floormats and Steering Wheel cover-NIP
New RB Towel
New RB Skully
New RB socks-2 pairs
New RB Messanger Bag/Purse from Hot Topic:NEW
New RB Bookbag-2: different sizes
New RB Snowglobe
New RB Journal
New RB Candle
New RB Giftbags-2

I know I have more but this is all I have with me here. My mom has the rest at her house.
I also have Wonder Whims, which I have all 6 MIB, but some of the boxes are not great.
I also have Yum Yums. I have the whole collection MIB: Original and Party Line.
I also have Rose Petal Place, Herself The Elf, Keypers, Care Bears Beanies (new version),and so much more...
If anyone has any advise... please give it to me. You can either post replies here or email me at pryncesslayah@aol.com
Thank you for you interest :)

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Re: NEED YOUR OPINION!!!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Hey girl! Thanks for the marriage congrats :D

I'm gonna shoot you an email :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

mmm... major drool! I think I just fainted!! ; )

how soon do you want to get rid of it?

*asks self, why am I not rich and famous NOW!!* oh well! : ) Hopefully in the next 10 years I will be : )

I love anything with Rainbow Brite images and pictures on it, so if you have a look around at your stuff, and if there is anything that fits that - I would LOVE to buy it from you!! If you set it up on ebay, I would love it! Thing is, I have to go for surgery *fingers crossed* in less than 2 weeks, so I'd rather do this all after the surgery, but it may be March or April till I can be back at the computer again. Could you wait that long?

AND, if you can wait a few months, I just have a strong feeling that things will be changing in my life in the next few months - a year, and those changes would be bringing about monies for me. If you can handle having stuff around for a few months, and if I'm right and things change for me - I would love to buy a truckload of stuff from you - mainly the stuff I listed before, and also anything room decor esk, bed stuff, and I'd love MIB dolls too! : ) But that all depends on how quickly you want to get rid of all of this stuff, and whether you can trust my gut feelings. ha! ha! : )

If it's not too much of a pain, could you list the other stuff that you've got?? : )

:rbline:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

oh! and I also should ask - where do you live? I'm in Canada, which means I'm guessing then I'll have to pay international shipping, that might narrow me down a little.

: )

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I would suggest selling it off in pieces. If you want to save on eBay fees, try listing prices and asking around various collecting forums first. In this terrible economy, I cannot imagine that there is a hardcore Rainbow Brite collector who would be willing to plunk down that kind of money. Not to mention, anyone serious enough to be interested probably has many of those pieces already. You'll get more money (and more headaches) selling it off bit by bit. Good luck!

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

If you choose to sell, I'd sell it off in pieces. It's sad that you have to let your collection go, but you should go through it and keep the things you like best and feel you couldn't part with... that way you'd still have your favorites, but be able to make space by selling the rest.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Never sell as a lot! you will lose a lot of money. It may take more time and effort, but sell it piece by piece and you will have a better chance of making what you paid for it at least, hopefully.
I don't know about anyone else, but ebay in my opinion has fallen and you just don't get what stuff is worth like years ago. I haven't sold on there in years. Not sure where to sell it, but i'd definately work with board members on what you can sell here. Anyways, Goodluck! Had to get rid of my collection years ago and it was not fun!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

Adria

Post by Adria »

Sorry i don't really have much advice, im just sarting to collect ( and i'd love your collection, but gotta watch the $$) mainly old stuff, that has been played with cause my 4 yr loves it and likes to play with it all.

Though i came across these sites today, don't know if they will help, came from a polly pocket website, who has left ebay as well

http://www.bonanzle.com

https://www.onlineauction.com

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

www.etsy.com

is great! : ) I just discovered it a few months ago, and now I'm completely addicted. It's a lot umm . . . sweeter than ebay. : )

:rbsmile:

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Ps. couple of questions
what is the CuddleStar MIP-1... maybe 2? not sure i've heard of it and curious what it is. Is it that star shaped thing that you put rainbow brite in?
and the mib moonglo didn't know they exhisted? do you have a pic i could see, never seen one before.
and the rose petal place, can't remember her name but the light purple one, is it mib? can i see a pic?
thanks
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~