I am so furious

IndigoJoy

I am so furious

Post by IndigoJoy »

So, my dad just decided that I don't care about him very much. You know why?

Because I have a rainbow license plate on the front of my car and sometimes my dad has to drive my car, and rainbows are gay.

You guys probably already know how I feel about being told that rainbows are gay.

I am very angry.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

I am so furious

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Tell him that he needs move to Hawaii.

Why? Because the rainbow appears on nearly every license plate in the the state. I suppose that means everyone living there is gay, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a look...

http://www.google.be/images?q=hawaii+li ... 94&bih=748

http://www.dmv.org/hi-hawaii/license-plates.php

Please understand (I suspect that you already do) that he is trying to manipulate you into getting a different plate that doesn't offend him. Don't fall for it. Tell him politely but firmly that you have the rainbow on your car because you love RB, which I'm sure he already knows. Also mention that he is the only one responsible for his feelings and that you are not. As long as it's your car and you make the payments (or already own it), and pay its upkeep, insurance and registration, he really doesn't have a say in the matter. It seems that he just doesn't get it or else he's hopping mad because gay people will soon be able to serve openly in the military and he's taking that out on you.

Hey, I even wear an RB t-shirt to work every so often. What does that make me? An RB fan, of course.
Last edited by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Stormyfan

I am so furious

Post by Stormyfan »

I used to live in Hawaii. The people there love rainbows. They are teated as a state symbol. The people love taking pictures of them especially when a bright one forms.

Rainbowbrite84

I am so furious

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Drive your car proudly!! I used to have the RB Steering wheel cover in my car and a few RB stickers on the windows. My boyfriend used to drive my car everyday to take both of us to work :)

IndigoJoy

I am so furious

Post by IndigoJoy »

Right now I own and pay for half the car. My dad traded in his truck during Cash for Clunkers to help me buy a new car with the understanding that he could use my new car sometimes. My old car was totalled in an accident and I only just got the money from the insurance company of the kid who hit me last week, 19 months after the accident. The money I got went to my insurance company who had paid off the bank loan on the totalled car (because I'm asking for damages from the accident, my insurance company had to be paid back by the opposing company). I should be getting more money for the accident soon.

My regular license plate on the back of my car is a plain blue Indiana plate. But Indiana is not one of the states that requires 2 license plates so on the front is a plate similar to this with my name on it: http://www.airbrushlicenseplates.com/ra ... ouds2.html

My dad is an old-fashioned person so I told him rainbows were in the Bible before they became a gay symbol and he didn't say much after that.

I just think it's ridiculous that his entire basis for saying I don't care about him is a license plate. Poor him, he has to drive a girly car! He never drove my old car which had the RB floormats in it. I should buy some Hello Kitty seat covers and see what he says then! :P

Thanks guys, the Hawaii plate thing made me laugh. :)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

I am so furious

>>>IDEA<<<

Make a little sign that's just smaller than your plate. It should have the words 'MONKEY DRIVING CAR' or similar on it. Attach this sign to the back side of the plate and then put the plate back on the car in the normal way. Next time he asks to use your car, tell him that he can reverse the plate if it bothers him that much... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

I am so furious

Post by IndigoJoy »

LOL!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

I am so furious

IndigoJoy wrote:LOL!!!
I forgot to mention that you need to put thr correct screwdriver in the glove compartment and tell them that it's there and that he must put it back rainbow side out when he returns the car.

TheWendybird

I am so furious

Post by TheWendybird »

*face palm*
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P