getting married

silverorangetears

getting married

Post by silverorangetears »

So i know i don't post here often, but i wanted to share the news..

I'm engaged! yay! the first thing my mother told me was that i can't have a rainbow brite wedding :(
no rainbow brite minis on the cake :(
but i am planning some subtle rainbow themes.. i might ...borrow.. some ideas from Katy's wedding :D

it's so weird!

Clinozoisite

getting married

Post by Clinozoisite »

silverorangetears wrote:the first thing my mother told me was that i can't have a rainbow brite wedding
It is your wedding. Do whatever you and your fiance want. It's your special day, not your mom's -- she already had her's. But if you want to be subtle, you can have each bridesmaid dress in a color of the rainbow, with the groomsmen wearing vests and ties which match the ladies. I've been to several wedding where this has been done. It's very colorful and pretty!

It doesn't have to be over-the-top with rainbow colors, like this:

It can be more subtle, like this wedding:

Congratulations on getting engaged! Is your fiance a Rainbow Brite fan?

silverorangetears

getting married

the second picture is what i'm imagining, i told my sister last night she'll have to wear orange.. she's less than impressed :)

Rainbowbrite84

getting married

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Congratulations! I agree, its your wedding. If you want Rainbow Brite to make an appearance, then go for it.

Aquamarine

getting married

Post by Aquamarine »

Why don't you have a Rainbow Brite themed bachelorette party? That could be a lot of fun, and then like other people said, you could carry more subtle RB ideas into your wedding (like rainbow M&M favors!).

Also, why not have a small extra cake that has the mini figures and whatnot? Weddings often have Groom's cakes to go along with the wedding cake, so why not a Bride's cake? :lol:
A smile is just a rainbow away.

silverorangetears

getting married

Aquamarine wrote:Why don't you have a Rainbow Brite themed bachelorette party? That could be a lot of fun, and then like other people said, you could carry more subtle RB ideas into your wedding (like rainbow M&M favors!).

Also, why not have a small extra cake that has the mini figures and whatnot? Weddings often have Groom's cakes to go along with the wedding cake, so why not a Bride's cake? :lol:
agreed! no fair that he gets his own cake! i want one too! :D

i've already decided that the bridesmaids will be different colours (orange&yellow, blue&green, and indigo&violet) with my dress having red accents, so the rainbow will be present!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

getting married

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Congratulation on your engagement, Silverorangetears. I just can't understand why your parents are against you having anything other than a traditional wedding. After all, they're not the ones getting married.

Maybe you could have the guests throw imitation Star Sprinkles instead of real rice.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

getting married

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

silverorangetears wrote:the second picture is what i'm imagining, i told my sister last night she'll have to wear orange.. she's less than impressed :)

Your sister???

Aren't YOU the one that should be wearing the orange? :bg: :bg: :bg:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Maki

getting married

Post by Maki »

Congrats, and best wishes with your spouce.

TheWendybird

getting married

Post by TheWendybird »

I agree...it's your wedding so do what you want! We had Frosty the Snowman as his wife Crystal on our wedding cake since it was November..the beginning of the Christmas season and we both love winter.

That being said.....while we loved our wedding.....we didn't do everything we would have preferred because Starvoyagers family was going and his mother stuck her nose in saying no one would understand the type of ceremony we wanted (a handfasting because we're pagan). So we decided to meet her halfway and we did a Universalist wedding in a Universalist church..and it turned out great..but we figured since none of my friends could make it on such short notice to ours that we would later have a handfasting and just have a normal wedding for now.

And what did we want for our handfasting? We want to have it themed....We want to dress as Peter Pan and Wendy (more so dressed as the really old play version not disney's) have it set up to look like a faerie realm/neverland. Have crazy fun with friends afterward!

If we had had it our way we would have had a food or pillow fight at our wedding. That being said it actually worked out that she didn't want us to do that because no one could make it so quickly anyhow.

However...if you know this will be the only ceremony you are going to do...please please please don't have any regrets. Do what you want to do...and something as simple as having Rainbow on the cake shouldn't be a big deal.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P