I hate Ebay

KissesoftheRainbow

I hate Ebay

Post by KissesoftheRainbow »

This is so frustrating. Ebay now charges not only a listing fee but a final value fee and then Paypal also takes a percentage of your payment. It's like you have to lose money before you can even make money. I avoided Ebay for a long time because I had several situations where I got screwed and received negative feedback even though the other person was at fault. It looks like things don't change.

I listed some Jem Con memorabilia and originally charged $5 for shipping. I didn't want the item to be damaged so I ended up purchasing a separate box to keep it protected. The post office actually ran out of them and I had to go to two different post offices and wait in line twice. The shipping was $4.80 but the box cost like $2 so payed extra out of pocket. I felt bad asking the buyer for extra money but I went through such a hassle getting it mailed out with the right packaging I figured the extra $1.70 would at least cover the out of pocket expenses. The person sent it to me and then retracted the payment saying the extra money was bogus because the label says it only cost $4.80, even though the box itself displays a pricemark on it. The person then leaves me negative feedback for charging "bogus shipping" RIGHT after I leave them positive feedback!

I went through so much trouble making sure the item got shipped out on time and would arrive safe and then I still get negative feedback?

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: I hate Ebay

Post by SunSpire »

I've recently sold something on ebay (after not selling on there for like 2 years) and all I can say is that it was an absolute nightmare. They have changed the rules and policies in such an awful way, it leaves the seller with almost no rights at all. After that I've looked up message boards on google to see what other people have to say about the recent changes and I came across dozens of angry sellers, it's no wonder they're all leaving ebay like rats on a sinking ship.

Either way, I hope they get things sorted out cos right now they're going downhill really fast.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Re: I hate Ebay

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

I sold on ebay full time years ago, minimum 40 listings per week. Made good money! Also used it each christmas to raise money to buy for all my kiddies, but since they went with all the new rules and to sellers no being able to leave negs i've quit it! It was hard this christmas not having that money, but i managed. I worked my butt off to keep my over 3,000 feedbacks with i think only one negative over the years! The new way they have it buyers abuse the negatives and sellers just have to learn to let it slide off their shoulders and thats just not me! My feedback meant a lot to me and kept in on track of doing good customer service to my customers, but also not letting them abuse me and my feedback. I'm sure its bribary from the buyers now! Do what they want and don't get a negative. Whoever came up with all the new crappy rules with ebay is an idiot! I hope ebay crashes for the most part, BUT it is nice when i'm looking for something imparticular and don't have the time to look for it. Other than that Ebay bites!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~