Movies That Have Made You Cry

Charles Xavier

Movies That Have Made You Cry

Post by Charles Xavier »

So what movies have made you burst into tears and have moments which seriously poke you right in the gut?

Tom-sprite

Re: Movies That Have Made You Cry

Post by Tom-sprite »

:rbsmile:
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Well I remember the first movie I cried during, which was when they showed the remake of the Anne Frank movie on television for the first time. That was in high school.

The only other movie I can remember crying during was Aimee and Jaguar. It's a true story during WWII of two women, one who was a Nazi's wife, and the other Jewish, who end up falling in love. You might guess at what happens because you can guess before the story begins. Then again, I cried after I read the book it was taken from, and the book was mostly historical facts and pieces!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

Care Bears II the movie always makes me cry, as well as Hugga Bunch. Good memories of good movies :bg:
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Charles Xavier

Post by Charles Xavier »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Well I remember the first movie I cried during, which was when they showed the remake of the Anne Frank movie on television for the first time. That was in high school.

The only other movie I can remember crying during was Aimee and Jaguar. It's a true story during WWII of two women, one who was a Nazi's wife, and the other Jewish, who end up falling in love. You might guess at what happens because you can guess before the story begins. Then again, I cried after I read the book it was taken from, and the book was mostly historical facts and pieces!
Never heard of Aimee and Jaguar, are there any actors in it that I might know?
alexanderbrite wrote:Care Bears II the movie always makes me cry, as well as Hugga Bunch. Good memories of good movies :bg:
I recall that song 'Forever Young' at the very end, which always touches my heart. :happy: Can't remember who it's by...

Here's my little list:

The Land Before Time: Death of Littlefoot's mother.
A.I.: Artificial Intelligence: The ending with David and his mother.
The Thin Red Line: Private Witt's death.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Benjamin's closing words at the end.

Diana's Piano: Not really a movie, but a short worth mentioning. A beautiful five-minute segment from Garfield's Nine Lives, and a great departure from the the title character's comical capers.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Charles Xavier wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Well I remember the first movie I cried during, which was when they showed the remake of the Anne Frank movie on television for the first time. That was in high school.

Never heard of Aimee and Jaguar, are there any actors in it that I might know?
I don't think so. The film isn't in English, but it's subbed in English. The book is easily available. Here's a link to the film on amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Aimee-Jaguar-Mari ... 372&sr=8-2

It also appears that they are re-releasing the book with a new introduction... I think I may have to get that. Very rarely can I find anything that deals with the persecution of lesbians in Hitler's time. Easier to find things on the men.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Like the above....Land Before Time and AI for the same reasons. The end of The Notebook with the couple old in bed together and *spoiler* they pass away.

Peter Pan (2003) when Peter is dying on the deck of the Jolly Roger and Wendy thimbles (kisses) him and when he flies away from her window in london.

Phantom of the Opera when Christine gives him back the ring and she walks away to go off with Raoul.

Prancer when Jessica's father is reading her a part of "yes, Virginia" always makes me cry.

Beauty and the Beast (disney) as the beast was dying and she says "I love you" over his body after he's dead before he turns human (and alive lol) again.

Beaches when Hilary dies at the end to the sounds of "Wind Beneath my Wings"

Fried Green Tomatoes...a similar movie...when Ruth dies.

Finding Neverland-Sylvia's death

The whole bag speech in American Beauty that Ricky gives....while he and Jane watch the video...amazing.

Highlander...in the scotland scenes...when his wife Heather gets really old and dies.

There are really way too many i can't remember them all.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Charles Xavier wrote:
alexanderbrite wrote:Care Bears II the movie always makes me cry, as well as Hugga Bunch. Good memories of good movies :bg:
I recall that song 'Forever Young' at the very end, which always touches my heart. :happy: Can't remember who it's by...
I'm listening to that song right now.

Don't watch many movies and don't remember any that make me cry but when I went to the movies with my friend she cried at the end of "Marley and Me" and she still cries now.

alexanderbrite

Post by alexanderbrite »

WishBear2001 wrote:
Charles Xavier wrote:
I'm listening to that song right now.

Don't watch many movies and don't remember any that make me cry but when I went to the movies with my friend she cried at the end of "Marley and Me" and she still cries now.

OH Marley and Me made me cry big time. I guess I'm a little too soft. I also cried during Forest Gump when he lost his momma and when his Jenny died and he was speaking to her at her gravesite about their child. I think Forest was a very good guy and for Jenny to shun him... she was the confused one.

Okay anyway, this is a great topic. But I will stop for now.
Bye! Talk to you all later!
Alex
A L E X A N D E R B R I T E

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

#1 Gladiator

#2 The Lovely Bones <------biggest tear-jerker movie ever.

#3 Braveheart

There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite: