Anyone going to Punxsutawney, PA?

TheWendybird

Anyone going to Punxsutawney, PA?

Post by TheWendybird »

Hey me and Starvoyager are at a holiday inn not far from Punxsutawney. We're heading there tonight till after the groundhogs day festivities and were wondering if anyone in PA is close to this town or going to be in this town for this all be it...silly festival but sure to be fun :P Anyhow HOPEFULLY we'll be at another hotel with a wireless connection but if not oops...if so hopefully some of you are planning on being there and maybe we can all meet up? Let us know....hopefully we'll get back to the website to check lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Re: Anyone going to Punxsutawney, PA?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

XD Nope. Work calls. Closest I'll get to it is possibly teaching/discussing it with students.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Groundhog Day :unsure: ???

Just for a moment I thought I had forgotten to send out cards and presents :blush:.

No, that's for V-day in two more weeks :bg:.

=Relaxes=
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Aww I'd love to go!! It's one of those things that I want to be part of at least once in my life, I heard so many fun things about it!!!!

Well guess I'll be watching the movie with Bill Murray at least, I absolutely love that one!! :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Groundhog ... never heared about that before ... I read about it on wki ... sounds fun ! :lol:

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

You've never heard of "Murmeltier-Tag?" ... Bei uns sagt man auch Siebenschläfer dazu :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Groundhog ... never heared about that before ... I read about it on wki ... sounds fun ! :lol:
It'd be nice if he actually predicts an early spring this year is all I gotta say... I'm tired of winter every year!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Sunspire :

Murmeltiertag hab ich glaub ich mal irgendwann gehört aber ich wusste nie so richtig was das sein soll ehrlich gesagt ! :-))))))))))

Siebenschläfer ... das sagt mir schon eher was ... aber den Hintergrund dazu kannte ich auch nicht wirklich ! :-))))))
Bildungslücke ?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

:bunny: HAPPY :bunny: GROUNDHOG :bunny: DAY :bunny:

OK, so why the rabbit?

Because there's no groundhog on here.

And because they are both rodents.

OK, someone who was there and saw the big event needs to come on here and give the rest of us an update. Did he or didn't he? And if he did, how do they know he did? What if P. Phil popped up on a sunny morning but never turned his head in the direction of his shadow before returning underground? Would that count as seeing his shadow or not? And just how do they get him to arise at the correct time each year? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

We ventured out to Gobbler's Knob at 5:30 in the morning here on the stage they had music and dancing...hot chocolate as there as well as a bonfire to warm yourself if you got too cold. During the festivities the paramedics were needed for someone we couldn't see in the crowd but everyone started cheering so i think they were okay after.

As for Punxsy Phil...one of the members of the "inner circle" (group of men in black hats lol) is suppose to speak "groundhogese" lol ...anyhow he told everyone that there are two scrolls for him to read one that says 6 more weeks of winter and one says an early spring. So they take Phil out and hold him up like Simba in the Lion King (so cute) and they sit him on the fake tree stump they took him out of....The guy who speaks groundhogese (lol) leans over and talks to him asks him i guess if he saw his shadow etc and things like "you're sure?" etc and takes one of the scrolls announcing *drum roll* SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER! The audience booed..me and Starvoyager cheered in joy lol (so did some others but we were in the minority lol).

It was very funny and we even had a guest...NED from the movie groundhog day...the irritating insurance salesman who keeps telling Bill Murray to watch his first step off the curb cause of the puddle lol...I took a good amount of video that I want to edit together but not sure what program will effectivelly edit this format of video....hopefully Sony Vegas will.

Anyhow...6 more weeks guys :lol:
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P