Favorite Video of the Moment?

What's your favorite video featured this week?

Fate/stay night [To Decide]
25%
The End of the Aliens
25%
PPP in "The Mysterious Ticking Noise"
25%
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
25%

Total votes: 4

J3llyb3ans

Re: Favorite Video of the Moment?

Post by J3llyb3ans »

^Oh yeah. It got botched alright. Where to start?

I do know that the show was altered from it's original form when dubbed. With most anime that's being aimed at children's television here, they edit out alot of Japanese cultural things, change names, give them rather unintellegent dialogue, etc. That was done to Sailor Moon as well as altering some of the characters and stories. They made Zoicite into a woman, when infact, he was a man in the original. They made Haruka and Michiru into cousins when they were originally lovers. The final two episodes of the first season were heavily edited and condensed into one ...... I could go on, but I think that covers quite a bit already.

Although I can't hate the dub, since it was how I discovered this timeless classic and also ignited my passion for magical girl anime and anime in general. I still prefer to watch the original Japanese version. In all fairness it seems most anime fans I've met have that one dubbed and edited version of a show they love, that started it all for them.Image

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

J3llyb3ans wrote:In all fairness it seems most anime fans I've met have that one dubbed and edited version of a show they love, that started it all for them.Image

Those of us who got into it before Naruto and Death Note, anyway :p

My personal dubbed favorites are Card Captors and Dragonball Z. I was into DBZ when I lived in Japan over fifteen years ago (Cell was already a character in the story then xD), so when I saw that it had come out here in the States, too, it was quite fun. CC was just another one of those shows on the WB that I loved to watch. I had always thought it strange that from one episode to the next, she'd have a few new cards, but I assumed that the series just didn't want to go into the capture of all of them @_@ Boy was I ever wrong. It was very entertaining to get to watch the whole, unedited series years later. I really adore that series, and I'll always have fond memories of the dub, and I can't say I disagree with some of their choices in the editing. I wouldn't really have understood the shonen-ai aspect of it, let alone the fact that there was a reason there were feelings floating around between the guys >.<

Aaanyway... I suppose I should upload a video if I'm going to post here.

I love this band, Asian Kung Fu Generation. I got hooked on this song for the opening drums, but the video in this is also good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l7yjJT2RBI[/video]

Oh yeah, there's another AKFG video that's hillarious... Lemme snag that one, too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYO7gzkqKA[/video]

Tee-hee.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All videos for this week have been added! If you haven't contributed a video, you can still do so for the week. Those of you who submitted more than one video, I just picked one from the list, since no specifications were made.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Labyrinth (childhood fav)

Jareth & Sarah- Dark Waltz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxN75KOb_0
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:Labyrinth (childhood fav)

Jareth & Sarah- Dark Waltz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxN75KOb_0
Nice video :) I've never seen that movie though...

Added ya to the front page!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Chibi Rachy wrote:I've never seen that movie though...

Whaaaaat? Never seen Labywrinth? Blasphemy! If you haven't watched it before coming up here for my birthday, we're watching it. Period.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:

Whaaaaat? Never seen Labywrinth? Blasphemy! If you haven't watched it before coming up here for my birthday, we're watching it. Period.
XD No I've never seen it. Heard lots about it and such though. Looks like I've got myself into watching it apparently now...

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
FanChan wrote:

XD No I've never seen it. Heard lots about it and such though. Looks like I've got myself into watching it apparently now...
Tis not a bad thing don't worry! Jim Henson classic! 10 thumbs up! hehe Jim Henson kicks major butt!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:Tis not a bad thing don't worry! Jim Henson classic! 10 thumbs up! hehe Jim Henson kicks major butt!
Lol I know it is. It was on onceuponawin awhile back so I read about it then...Plus there were always friends in high school who talked about it. That seems so long ago o.O

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It's time to begin collecting videos for next week. Post one or many, but remember, unless you specify, I'll choose one of your videos at random!

~~~

I decided to break away from the anime influence I've been using since I started this thread and spotlight one of my favorite songs instead. So I'll choose Spellbound by Lacuna Coil. It's one of their recent releases from their newest album, Shallow Life. There are two versions to this particular video. I'm showing the performance one, but there's also a story version, but it's rather weird ;) Just for random added fact: Lacuna Coil is a band from Italy that started with more of a fem-metal leaning, but have branched more into metal. It's not screamer and I love Cristina Scabbia's voice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VS2B48 ... re=channel[/video]