Post Your Picture Thread

FanChan

Re: Post Your Picture Thread

Post by FanChan »

Aww, you guys are so cute! And ice storms are pretty amazing. I love driving on the highway after a night of sleet or freezing rain that's frozen on everything overnight, because the trees glisten like crystals.. So pretty.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Aww, you guys are so cute! And ice storms are pretty amazing. I love driving on the highway after a night of sleet or freezing rain that's frozen on everything overnight, because the trees glisten like crystals.. So pretty.
Oooh not me....I'm afraid I'd wreck or something!

But there are so many trees around my house and across Rt.50 so when we get pretty ice storms, the trees look awesome....there are a few that have branches that bend down like an umbrella, but I have no idea what they are called. I know they aren't willows. The only name of any of our trees I do know is the ginko tree... and that's not a pretty tree to be covered in ice!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

FanChan wrote:I love driving on the highway after a night of sleet or freezing rain that's frozen on everything overnight, because the trees glisten like crystals.. So pretty.
Wow... you're as crazy as I am.

And oh yes, frozen trees at dawn... crystal shimmering forest that only lasts for 20 minutes until the sun melts all the ice. Though this ice blanket actually managed to survive 2 days after the storm. I think the wind finally shook it all off rather than the sun.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Hehe. Oh yeah! I've got pictures from the ice storm a couple of years ago (that was responsible for my horrendous car accident! Yay! Er...*scurries off to find the pictures).

Oh yeah, dis ish mah house:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Hehe. Oh yeah! I've got pictures from the ice storm a couple of years ago (that was responsible for my horrendous car accident! Yay! Er...*scurries off to find the pictures).

Oh yeah, dis ish mah house:

Maybe I should save this so I'll have it for reference next weekend? XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Here's a couple from ours. Stormy do good work. :D

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Holy cow, those are so gorgeous pictures. I really wish we had a better camera. Everything's always so grainy. One of these days...

I love winter.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I love it too when it's a normal one:( Don't get me wrong I love this ice storm we had ...as you can see in the pics above..it was really really pretty...but aside from that this whole winter was nothing but snow....turning to rain...melting snow with rain....drops below freezing again...making for VERY awkward outdoor walking...not like normal ice...this is like...slippery slope ice. If it had been more like what's around now I woulda been contented with this past winter but...*sighs* nooooooo :P *sits in the corner and sulks* Stormy Stormy....you did so well this weekend....and last year.....but what the heck happened between christmas and now? oi !
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

TheWendybird wrote:Stormy Stormy....you did so well this weekend....and last year.....but what the heck happened between christmas and now? oi !
...think maybe somebody spiked the Christmas Punch?

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:
TheWendybird wrote:Stormy Stormy....you did so well this weekend....and last year.....but what the heck happened between christmas and now? oi !
...think maybe somebody spiked the Christmas Punch?
You think Stormy has been plastered by Christmas Punch for the last 3 months dear?......oooo-kaaay then lol She musta been REALLY thirsty! Or someone put absinthe in there...that should do the trick a lot quicker. Note to Stormy: Don't drink green punch.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P