KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Dialga-Brite

Re: KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Thank you for posting that program, sunny! I'm not sure when I'll use it or what for even, but it looks like it could be useful to me in the future. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:DVD Decrypter can remove the protection / region code for you, just make sure to re-encode it in NTSC rather than PAL after. In some states this might be considered illegal, but I think you should be fine as long as you own the original disc.

The best and easiest way tho is to simply play it with a DVD drive or region free player.

-----------------------------------------------------

There is a chance that they are using a dual-layer DVD, which would have the same capacity as 2 or even 3 single layer discs (8 to 15GB), that way they could store all episodes on just the one disc and in higher resolution.

"SunSpire"
That I could try, but it wouldn't work well if they did use a dual layer disc. DVD Decrypter never has liked all the DVDs I've tried it with... I've always had better luck with CloneDVD. I paid $40 for it a few years ago and it still works best. Unfortunately, it doesn't reincode DVDs
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TravDismal

Post by TravDismal »

Many Region one players can be set to play DVDs from any region by punching a simple code into the remote of the player.

If there is an available code for your model, it's probably going to be posted on http://www.videohelp.com .

On the left hand menu, in one of the red sections there is category called "DVD hacks".

If you click on that section there should be a search bar that allows you to look up your player and from there you can see if anyone has posted a code or "hack" (I use this term loosely) which is quite a bit easier than purchasing software or converting and burning the PAL disc to NTSC.

I have done this on 4 players with excellent results! : )
Last edited by TravDismal on Wed May 06, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thanks for the tip Travis! Good to see you here ;)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Sadly, mine is not one that has hacks so I'll have to find other methods... I didn't expect there to be though, since it's a cheap $30 one. Maybe I should check the other players in the house later on :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

incastar

Post by incastar »

7 may will this dvd come out :)

TravDismal

Post by TravDismal »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Thanks for the tip Travis! Good to see you here ;)
Thanks, glad to be here! I've been meaning to register for awhile...

Also, if anyone is looking for a nice, yet inexpensive player for playing disc from every region, I would be happy to recommend a model or two that I've been pretty pleased with. Image

incastar

Post by incastar »

TravDismal

Can you confirm this new release of Rainbow Brite has a English audio track?

How many discs is the new release?