Movies That Have Made You Cry

Galacticatt

Re: Movies That Have Made You Cry

Post by Galacticatt »

Grave of the Fireflies made me cry too- a lot!

Of course Schindler's list-

I cried after a few of the Cardcaptor (JAPANESE version, please) animes- when Me Lin gets dumped, and then when Sakura's brother gives up his magic/power or something for Yue-

Charles Xavier

Re: Movies That Have Made You Cry

Post by Charles Xavier »

TheWendybird wrote:
Charles Xavier wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:
Aquarius wrote:I never stated that as a fact, that was MY OWN opinion about the movie. As for reviews, I never listen to them. They are peoples own opinions, that doesn't make a movie suck.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
C9 was simply stating their own opinion as well.
Charles Xavier wrote:I can't forget 'Grave of the Fireflies'. That movie haunted me for a long time. :bawl:
That is such a great movie though. I don't think it made me cry. The latest thing that made me cry wasn't a movie, but an anime called Simoun. I really couldn't help it.
Well, Fireflies actually horrified me rather than made me cry to be honest. Wasn't expecting the film to be as dark as it turned out.

I felt really sad in 'Where The Wild Things Are' when Max left the island in the end, after realizing that he couldn't stay with the Wild Things. Pretty dark. :(

Oh my GOD wasn't "Where the Wild Things Are" AMAZING? We watched it the other night and I literally felt like it captured childhood...not the monsters just the general feel of the whole thing...it literally felt saturated with how my childhood felt...so weird...i am absolutely in love with the movie now. We'll have to buy the DVD cause we pay-per-viewed it. That scene I was holding in my crying...for some reason I didn't want to let it out but believe me..it was there...perhaps my crying would have been too hard on me considering how the movie made me feel...amazing scene. *SPOILER*

I'm glad Carol made it in time to see Max off! I can still hear the howling...amazing amazing film.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, Wendy. I was at first skeptical whether this film was going to work, since the book was merely a few pages (let alone a few sentences) long. But it certainly left me with a tear. Gotta hand it to Max Records (who ironically shares the same name as the character he's playing). Thought he did a splendid job.

And Galacicatt, I love Card Captor Sakura! Although I do favor Sakura over Meiling, I still felt terrible for Meiling when she got dumped, especially (*SPOILERS*) when she broke down in tears on Tomoyo's lap. Now THAT really hurt. (*SPOILERS END*).

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Just added Remember Me to my cry list, lol.

Sentcool

Post by Sentcool »

Saishū Heiki Kanojo (ill never get over it i think)
grave of the fireflies
the land before time
cap and capper

:)
Made a Cosplay? Cosplay-Tutorials
"less is more than more, and more is more less than less" trust Linux

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Cap and Capper would be The Fox and the Hound in english hehe ...

Yup, pretty much agree on those, especially Grave of the Fireflies :bawl:

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

- E.T.

- Never ending story 1

- Dumbo

- Howl s moving castle

and a lot more I guess !
I just listed the ones I remember intuitively ! ;-)

I am quite a crybaby when I watch emotional films.
In company I try to suppress my feelings a little more but I am not really successful most of the time ! :-)))

Charles Xavier

Post by Charles Xavier »

Hope it's okay if I revived this thread, but one movie I watched recently that seriously pulled my heartstrings.

Hadn't watched it for a while, but it was surprisingly sad (besides being funny of course). I won't be afraid to admit, the ending had me bawling in tears. Anyone who's seen this would know what I mean.

It makes me wish I was a child again.

JoeyAngel
Admin

Post by JoeyAngel »

Grave of the fireflies made me AND Dave cry... when a man cries.. you know its a tear jerker... ^^"
Toy Story 3, pretty much the last 15 minutes of that film
The Lion King - Mufasa's death
The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
Romeo and Juliet (at the end, the room with the candles and the emotive music...)
Titanic.. Always.. Not cos of the doomed love story.. But cos i know the Titanic really happened and i always cry at the end when it goes down... Always..

There are more films but those are the ones that stand out and i remember most.

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

Titanic...every time.

The Last Unicorn, The Secret of NIMH, Clan of the Cave Bear, Stand by Me