I was in a bad car accident today

Chibi Rachy

Re: I was in a bad car accident today

Post by Chibi Rachy »

:( I'm very sorry you had to go through that. Car wrecks are some of the scariest things one can go through. I hope you're feeling better, and that your friend pulls through. Those kids definitely need to get what they deserve.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Thanks all. I added to that Flickr set a picture of a couple of my injuries, taken with my 5MP dig cam, as opposed to my 2 MP phone cam the others were taken with. I have some bruises and cuts that I can't upload pictures of because I am too modest. There is no ointment on that seat belt burn... the shininess is the burn itself.

My friend isn't paralyzed... she had her right knee replaced March 2nd and it twisted in the wreck and hurts badly. Her left knee was replaced April 20th and she just got her staples out May 6th, and the incision split wide open. They will sew up her left knee Monday and they may have to open her right knee again to repair it... it depends on the CT scans and MRIs as well as x-rays. It hurts too badly for her to put weight on her legs.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Julie kept insisting something was wrong with her right leg so the doctor reviewed the x-rays. Her femur is fractured. Crutches would put too much pressure on her left knee so she will likely be in a wheelchair for the next 2-3 months.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

IndigoJoy wrote:Julie kept insisting something was wrong with her right leg so the doctor reviewed the x-rays. Her femur is fractured. Crutches would put too much pressure on her left knee so she will likely be in a wheelchair for the next 2-3 months.
:( I'm sorry. Did you ever find out what's going to happen to those boys?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

The driver was cited for driving without a license and failure to yield.

The police and firemen kept calling them kids. Turns out he's 27.

Radiant Bridge

Post by Radiant Bridge »

IndigoJoy, I'm so sorry that you and your friend were hurt horribly. What happened to your friend is awful; I hope that her legs can heal. Thank God that you were both able to get immediate help. Don't worry, those guys will get what is coming to them. Given that they are careless, they will surely be caught with something again and hit with a worse punishment.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Thank you all for your kind wishes. At this point my friend is in far worse pain than I am.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Got the corrected police report. Kid who hit me was 17, not 27.

Wolf Ranger

Post by Wolf Ranger »

I'm just glad that your alive and still with us Indigo :).

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Thanks Wolf Ranger, me too. :)