Botcon over the weekend

Rainbowbrite84

Botcon over the weekend

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Hey, I went the Transformers convention over the weekend in Pasadena Ca. And it was the coolest thing ever! I got the opportunity to meet Peter Cullen, who does the voice for Optimus Prime, but also to us Rainbow Brite fans, he is the voice of Murky Dismal. I got to shake his hand and get his autograph. Meeting him, my mind went totally blank. And now looking back at it I really wish I had asked him to do the Murky voice for me! That would have been awesome. While there I also got to meet Guillermo Del Toro, who is the director of the Hellboy movies. With him, I actually got to take a picture with him. But definitely the highlight for me was meeting Peter Cullen. Meeting someone that worked on Rainbow Brite totally made my year!! :)

Maki

Re: Botcon over the weekend

Post by Maki »

Glad you had a good time there.

I also remembered Peter Cullen who also voiced the Voltron characters Coran from the Castle of Lions, and deep voices of the Narrator and Commander Hawkins of the Voltron vehicel team, plus Eeyore from Winnie-The-Pooh. The voice for Murky Dismal was high.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Peter also did the voices of both versions of K.A.R.R on Knight Rider as well. He dose get a round.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Maki

Post by Maki »

Major Ursa wrote:Peter also did the voices of both versions of K.A.R.R on Knight Rider as well. He dose get a round.

All I can remember was KITT.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Maki wrote:
Major Ursa wrote:Peter also did the voices of both versions of K.A.R.R on Knight Rider as well. He dose get a round.

All I can remember was KITT.

K.A.R.R. was KITT's evil twin.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

He also did some did some voices for My Little Pony and he also did the voice for Monterey Jack on Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers :)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

See I didn't even know that cos back in the day when Chip'n Dale was on TV I obviously watched it in german, his german counterpart voice actor was fab too!

Gosh I love that show, THAT and Darkwing Duck and Talespin ... Disney at its very best.

That's cool you got to meet Peter Cullen in person, we're still hoping to interview him about Rainbow Brite and his Murky voice one day, lol

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Yeah when I met him it was during a Q&A with fans, and someone actually asked him to do the Monterey Jack voice. He laughed and said he hadn't done it in so long that he actually didn't remember it.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

That's so cool that you got to meet him!! :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net