Bike Accident

Maki

Bike Accident

Post by Maki »

This should be in the Complaint Zone which is not on the board yet.

When I went out on a bicycle for going to yard sales, I hit a pot hole. I had a helmet and gloves on but couldn't put my hand out in front in time from scraping parts of my face. For the first time in my life, I had an Ambulance ride to the hospital in one peace Luckly it was all quiet and took time to get there. I've never had an accident like that before. I was so scared, but they help to take care of everything.

They got something to freeze so they put stitches on my chin.. It's now hard to eat or drink something to keep me from starving. I got a few small scrapes on some parts of my legs. I was released from the hospital after over an hour with stitches. When I look in the mirror, I knew my face looks ugly. I don't know ot long it takes to survive before I could get back to work. I'm okay now. I gotta rest on my bed.

Major Ursa

Re: Bike Accident

Post by Major Ursa »

I hope you'er feeling better.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Maki

Post by Maki »

I had a sore tooth in the upper middle. I tried to be careful not to hit it. And my throat feels a littlt sore.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

At least you're okay. Hope that everything heals up soon!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Maki

Post by Maki »

It may be quite a while. Last night I noticed a sore jaw.

Maki

Post by Maki »

In one week, the stitches will be removed.

Since I had a chipped tooth which is okay to me, the dentist will check later.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Maki wrote:This should be in the Complaint Zone which is not on the board yet.

When I went out on a bicycle for going to yard sales, I hit a pot hole. I had a helmet and gloves on but couldn't put my hand out in front in time from scraping parts of my face. For the first time in my life, I had an Ambulance ride to the hospital in one peace Luckly it was all quiet and took time to get there. I've never had an accident like that before. I was so scared, but they help to take care of everything.

They got something to freeze so they put stitches on my chin.. It's now hard to eat or drink something to keep me from starving. I got a few small scrapes on some parts of my legs. I was released from the hospital after over an hour with stitches. When I look in the mirror, I knew my face looks ugly. I don't know ot long it takes to survive before I could get back to work. I'm okay now. I gotta rest on my bed.

I split my chin open when I was really little..I thnk it was just before I went to grade 2...had to have my chin frozen and stitches put in....after waiting for like 3 hours for a doctor....it was all my fault tho cause me and a friend of mine were going down a hill and taking our feet off the peddles....i then fell off and began screeching...no broken bones tho...have never had one *knock on wood*
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

no broken bones tho...have never had one *knock on wood*
I had a broken right wrist when I was about 8 years old. I fell down after I tried to "ice skate in shoes" on a giant puddle that was in my back yard and then froze over.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Maki

Post by Maki »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I had a broken right wrist when I was about 8 years old. I fell down after I tried to "ice skate in shoes" on a giant puddle that was in my back yard and then froze over.

When you walk on ice, keep your balance from falling

I got a couple of Get Well cards. One from my neighbors with an M&M minis and fan, and the other from the staff I worked with plus teh chocolate chip cookies she made for me.

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

Yikes! My car accident 2 weeks ago was my first ambulance ride. I sympathize!

After I found a hole in my tooth, I went to the dentist and he did a panoramic x-ray to check for fractures in my jaw. He said you can get fractures and they don't bother you until 6-12 months later. You might want to consider doing this.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.