KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Chibi Rachy

Re: KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Post by Chibi Rachy »

incastar wrote:Anzahl Disks: 1 This means one disc and there is 13 episodes on it.

If you look at the DVD cover/case it says 13 episodes on it.

hxxp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/B0020S0514/sr=8-1/qid=1241133248/ref=dp_otherviews_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&img=1&qid=1241133248&sr=8-1

So I am afraid it is just one disc in one dvd case with 13 episodes.
It also says with excellent dvd quality on the dvd-cover.
It does say that and then in the section with the product information, acts as though there's at least 2 discs when listing the episodes. It cuts off though at episode 7 and is never finished. I wonder which is correct? I'd guess the tech specs, but I'm not sure.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

incastar

Post by incastar »

I think the compressed the 3 discs and improve the picture quality.
After that the put it on 1 disc.

DVD picture improvement quality on the dvd-cover.

That looks promising.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Don't trust the information on amazon tho, the 7 episodes they listed are the episodes of the MegaDisc and if you look at the screenshots they're actually from StarStealer! In other words the creator of this advert had absolutely no idea of what he's doing.

I'd be surprised if they can squeeze 13 episodes on just ONE disc, and improve picture quality the same time. Normally the quality decreases as you compress it further. It remains to be seen how the actual release really turns out.

Sorry, do I sound too criticising here? I've just finished my last day at work and am now officially without a job and just feel completely devastated ... sorry :(

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

you don't sound too critisizing, I was thinking the same thing. When someone mentioned about the episodes being all on one disc AND better picture quality, I was pretty much thinking the same thing you were, that it wasn't really possible... :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:Don't trust the information on amazon tho, the 7 episodes they listed are the episodes of the MegaDisc and if you look at the screenshots they're actually from StarStealer! In other words the creator of this advert had absolutely no idea of what he's doing.

I'd be surprised if they can squeeze 13 episodes on just ONE disc, and improve picture quality the same time. Normally the quality decreases as you compress it further. It remains to be seen how the actual release really turns out.

Sorry, do I sound too criticising here? I've just finished my last day at work and am now officially without a job and just feel completely devastated ... sorry :(

"SunSpire"
Nah you don't sound too criticizing...I think the question is, who's gonna buy it or figure out what the true # of DVDs is?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

So I'm guessing the plan is to release a DVD collection in every single country...

...except the USA.

Maki

Post by Maki »

Starvoyager wrote:So I'm guessing the plan is to release a DVD collection in every single country...

...except the USA.

...and except Canada, too.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'd love for someone to purchase it and tell us how much better the image quality is. I already own the original German set, and I'd hate to spend $30 to find out that it's practically the same.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I'd love for someone to purchase it and tell us how much better the image quality is. I already own the original German set, and I'd hate to spend $30 to find out that it's practically the same.
It's very tempting to do... I need to research it and see if I can somehow still copy the disc/s even if it's in a different region. If I can, I just might purchase it, since getting the US release on DVD on ebay is just a bit more expensive.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

DVD Decrypter can remove the protection / region code for you, just make sure to re-encode it in NTSC rather than PAL after. In some states this might be considered illegal, but I think you should be fine as long as you own the original disc.

The best and easiest way tho is to simply play it with a DVD drive or region free player.

-----------------------------------------------------

There is a chance that they are using a dual-layer DVD, which would have the same capacity as 2 or even 3 single layer discs (8 to 15GB), that way they could store all episodes on just the one disc and in higher resolution.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]