KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

SunSpire
Site Admin

KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Post by SunSpire »

Yup it's true, I've just spotted this over at Amazon.de

It's the original TV show re-released on DVD with german AND english audio languages, so it'll be interesting for everyone. It also features improved image quality for the first time. KSM has already released the show on DVD back in 2007, mistakenly using the movie's theme picture as the cover, confusing many people into thinking it's the movie rather than the series. It was still very popular however, and is now sold out everywhere.

This new 3-disc set will be available at Amazon.de from May 7th, 2009 - and it's only 10 Euros!!!!! Note: This is a Region 2 PAL DVD

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Re: KSM to re-release Rainbow Brite on DVD!

Post by Dialga-Brite »

cool! but is it only gonna be on the german amazon site, despite it having english in it as well?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

I would assume so, yes.

There may still be ways of shipping it abroad, I'm not too sure how it works tho.
You will definitely need a credit card for that, .. I haven't got one lol

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I've got a mac card (works like a credit card), but my main worry wasn't international shipping. Actually it was that I might not be able to understand the site, and maybe click the wrong thing by mistake, etc. And that is IF I buy it, as I already have another english rb series on dvd. Isn't there one that's considered a bootleg? If so, then I think that's the one I might have. It still would be cool though to get this one, but I don't think I'll spend the money just yet. :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:I would assume so, yes.

There may still be ways of shipping it abroad, I'm not too sure how it works tho.
You will definitely need a credit card for that, .. I haven't got one lol

"SunSpire"
I'm sure it's the same as with any of the other amazon sites and shipping. I have ordered from amazon.co.uk's marketplace before without problem. An amazon.com account is universal with all other sites.

I went and logged in with my account on amazon.de and pretended to pre-order the DVD set. If you're an avid amazon.com user, it's easy to navigate even with the language barrier. It's 8.36 Euros and 14 Euros for shipping, making it 22.36 Euros total, or about $30 USD.
Dialga-Brite wrote:I've got a mac card (works like a credit card), but my main worry wasn't international shipping. Actually it was that I might not be able to understand the site, and maybe click the wrong thing by mistake, etc. And that is IF I buy it, as I already have another english rb series on dvd. Isn't there one that's considered a bootleg? If so, then I think that's the one I might have. It still would be cool though to get this one, but I don't think I'll spend the money just yet. :)
There's a bootleg one that was torrented I'm guessing...I have the one that was on the torrent site. As I said above, amazon.com is easy to navigate in any language if you're familiar with it in English
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

There's a bootleg one that was torrented I'm guessing...I have the one that was on the torrent site. As I said above, amazon.com is easy to navigate in any language if you're familiar with it in English
You mean torrent files on the computer? I can never get those things to actually work whenever I've tried them.... anyways, no, I didn't download a torrent of the rb series. I bought a two disc dvd off ebay, but its just that I remember a while back, people were talking about it that they thought it was a bootleg. Could it be that maybe it the meanwhile, people discovered otherwise?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:
You mean torrent files on the computer? I can never get those things to actually work whenever I've tried them.... anyways, no, I didn't download a torrent of the rb series. I bought a two disc dvd off ebay, but its just that I remember a while back, people were talking about it that they thought it was a bootleg. Could it be that maybe it the meanwhile, people discovered otherwise?
Well, the torrent for the Rainbow Brite one works although it wouldn't burn on a free DVD program I have... I had to use my CloneDVD program that I bought to get it to work. I don't know what the torrent file is from. All I know is that it has all 13 eps on one DVD and that it's pretty good quality.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

The one I have, looks similar to this but slightly different:

Mine has rainbow & starlite on the cover (but same art style) and the discs look almost the same but I don't think they have rainbow's head at the top.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:The one I have, looks similar to this but slightly different:

Mine has rainbow & starlite on the cover (but same art style) and the discs look almost the same but I don't think they have rainbow's head at the top.
That's the set I'm eventually going to get one of these days. I bought the movie first since I have the torrent of the series already. I might buy that set off amazon.de, if I can figure out a way to get it burned from it's PAL format to Region 1. I know my computer should play it, but figuring out how to get it burned from there is the issue...plus it wouldn't play in the DVD players we have here unless I bought one special. I dunno. It is a nice set though.

incastar

Post by incastar »

Anzahl Disks: 1 This means one disc and there is 13 episodes on it.

If you look at the DVD cover/case it says 13 episodes on it.

hxxp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/B0020S0514/sr=8-1/qid=1241133248/ref=dp_otherviews_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&img=1&qid=1241133248&sr=8-1

So I am afraid it is just one disc in one dvd case with 13 episodes.
It also says with DVD improvement quality on the dvd-cover.