I had a baby!

Allison

I had a baby!

Post by Allison »

I can't resist showing her off. She was born on August 19th, at 6:30 in the morning via c-section. I went through the entire labor and then she decided to move up instead of down like she was supposed to, so they ended up doing the surgery. All worth it in the end though. I can't believe she's a month old already. I go back to work in November and I already can't stand the thought of being away from her all day, despite her crazy uncontrollable hair, lol...I'm excited that it's almost long enough for barrets already.

Here she is:

And here we are, excuse the frumpy new mom look. I don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself here before, so here I am:

Major Ursa

Re: I had a baby!

Post by Major Ursa »

Congratulations and bear hugs for you allison.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Starlitefan

Post by Starlitefan »

What an adorable bundle of joy! Congratulations!
Rainbow Brite: Starlite, quick!
Starlite: I will not wear booties!!
On-X: Better than falling down.
Starlite: [neighs in annoyance] Ooh, my poor dignity!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm a GIRL, despite my user name... ;-D

:rbstarlite:

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Oh OH OH! August 19th! That is when my oldest daughter who is now 11 was born! what a Koinky dink! I have 2 August babies and one december! She is beautiful!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Ps. Did i miss her name mentioned?
~Baby~Dragonfly~

Allison

Post by Allison »

Thanks everyone! Tracy, I think I remember discussing the birthday thing about your daughter a while back, I had posted that I was due on August 18 so we knew it would be close. Cool it actually happened on the same day, she is my first also! We named her Mairead Violet. Mairead is an Irish name pronounced Muh-rade. It's unusual but I've loved it ever since I met someone with that name almost 10 years ago, so here's hoping she'll appreciate it and it won't be a burden for her. It was a tough decision to make, knowing she'd have to spell and pronounce it for everyone her whole life. The Mairead I knew liked her unusual name, so hopefully mine will too. If she doesn't I guess she can go by her more traditional middle name. I think we'll give our next baby a more common name though!

pinkpuff

Post by pinkpuff »

That's the cutest baby ever!! Congrats!

mtaylo28

Post by mtaylo28 »

She's beautiful!! I hope she loves her name too. I like her crazy hair.
Support Bacteria!
Its the only culture some people have.

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Yes i know about unusal names, i gave all 3 of my kids unique names
My oldest girl 11, Kylimry and then her middle name is Amanda pronounced Kylie Marie
My youngest girl 7, Kaylian and then her middle name is Grace pronounced Kay Lee Ann
My only son, 3 i didn't choose his name, but i chose the spelling, Nikolye
pronounced Nick O Lye.
I think they like their unique names just because no one in the world has them at least not with the same spelling and they have middle names too. The two names are put together in one name with a unique spelling. Most of their friends in school just call them Kylie and Kaylee but i hope in the end as adults they still appreciate them. I hated having a common name so i wanted to give my children unique names.
~Baby~Dragonfly~

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Oh Allison, she is absolutely gorgeous, and what a lot of hair! (I thought Jack had loads when he was born but he had nowhere near as much as Mairead)

How much did she weigh? She looks so dinky compared to my 1-year-old!

~Jenny~